Tabbed Browsing in Konqueror

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Never knew this existed. It's great! :dance:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4004
megaspaz

Post by megaspaz »

glad you found it. konq's not quite as refined as opera in the tabbed browsing department, but it works good enough. i got it set up to my liking and my setup is better than how mozilla or firefox does tabbed browsing. i wish konq, moz, and firefox did what opera does and just use MDI (everything is opened up in a tab -> there's one opera window and everything opens up in that window only). i've always found the opening everything up in new different windows (ala IE) was pretty braindead.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4014
Resistance is futile...

Registered Linux User #321628
Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get s**tty ideas from..." - Woyaya - January 10, 2004
Magic

Post by Magic »

Oh yeah I've been meaning to ask this...

How do you delete stored information in data boxes in Konqueror? Like google cache for example, but it doesn't respond to del key.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4018
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Magic wrote: Oh yeah I've been meaning to ask this...

How do you delete stored information in data boxes in Konqueror? Like google cache for example, but it doesn't respond to del key.
Settings, Configure Konqueror, Cache, clear cache.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4022
Magic

Post by Magic »

Bruce wrote: Settings, Configure Konqueror, Cache, clear cache.
nope, that's a different cache. i mean the long list in data forms similar to "autocomplete" in IE which previous entries have been stored.

i tried clearing history.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4057
megaspaz

Post by megaspaz »

you mean the stuff in the location bar? well you could right click in the location bar (have some text in it) and choose "Empty Contents". depending on how you have konqueror set (and the version of konqueror), there could be a button next to the location bar. mine looks like a box with an x in it. you could click that too. if you're using a newer version of konqueror, there may be something in Settings > Configure Konqueror also. another thing to delete is go to Settings > Configure Konqueror > History Sidebar and click the Clear History button.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4065
Resistance is futile...

Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get s**tty ideas from..." - Woyaya - January 10, 2004
Magic

Post by Magic »

megaspaz wrote: you mean the stuff in the location bar?  well you could right click in the location bar (have some text in it) and choose "Empty Contents".  depending on how you have konqueror set (and the version of konqueror), there could be a button next to the location bar.  mine looks like a box with an x in it.  you could click that too.  if you're using a newer version of konqueror, there may be something in Settings > Configure Konqueror also.  another thing to delete is go to Settings > Configure Konqueror > History Sidebar and click the Clear History button.
nope. that would be the history pretty much anyway. i mean like autocomplete in windows.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4080
megaspaz

Post by megaspaz »

Magic wrote: nope. that would be the history pretty much anyway. i mean like autocomplete in windows.
autocomplete what? like where does this autocomplete? are you talking about the location bar?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4083
Resistance is futile...

Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

Magic

Post by Magic »

megaspaz wrote: autocomplete what?  like where does this autocomplete?  are you talking about the location bar?
nope. like you know, if you type in something in google, the history is still there of past searches.

that and in other places too. but the location bar is clear.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4085
megaspaz

Post by megaspaz »

Magic wrote: nope. like you know, if you type in something in google, the history is still there of past searches.

that and in other places too. but the location bar is clear.
is this a newer konqueror version (> 3.1.1) that has a google bar? if so, then i don't know. but if you go to google to type something in and clear the cache/history/etc. then those should be cleared to, i'd imagine. but i don't know because my version of konqueror doesn't do that autocomplete thingy when typing in something in google.com.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4086
Resistance is futile...

Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

Magic

Post by Magic »

it's 3.2.2, but it doesn't have a google bar.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4087
megaspaz

Post by megaspaz »

Magic wrote: it's 3.2.2, but it doesn't have a google bar.
yeah. dunno then. cause my version doesn't do that autocomplete thingy when i use google. sorry.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4088
Resistance is futile...

Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

Magic

Post by Magic »

nevermind, just figured it out. thanks anyway. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4097
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I just cleared my history and they all went away, sorry I said cache earlier.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4098
Magic

Post by Magic »

Bruce wrote: I just cleared my history and they all went away, sorry I said cache earlier.
It was actually unchecking the "enable completion of forms" which was what I was looking for. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:459, old post ID:4099