World's Longest Thread

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Haha I just banned another spammer, at a different forum. Was my first time banning someone there.

I get this thrill when I ban someone, the feeling of having power over spammers!

If ever I carry this banning out nazi style like bitbendertech.com does somebody throw a hard object at me or something. :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22505
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

But... you'll ban us for doing that... :domel:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22506
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Shaweet!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22543
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

hahaha that's cool!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22544
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22641
"Never be game over"
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

manadren wrote:
sintekk wrote: I was wondering about that :lol:
Say, manadren, what ever happened to the discussion forum? You used to have a link to it, and now, you don't
I removed the link because the last time I checked it the discussion forum was dead. Is it back up again?
Yea I liked that place. I use to go there a lot. That's right though, they are all at that Star Trek forum thing now. Jon, the guy that ran "The Discussion forum" posts at my forum sometimes.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22642
"Never be game over"
Jon

World's Longest Thread

Post by Jon »

Sometimes I even find my way back here too, ycontrol :P

TDF closed because at that particular time I was moving house/starting uni/skint- i.e. just didt have it in me to keep the place going and none of the other admins turned out to care so much they would keep it alive.

So indeed I move onto to the other project, yup that Star Trek Online site, which is going swimmingly, but aye, its very geeky- but then it is a trek site ;) I see a few things have changed on the homepage here :|

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22649
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Jon wrote: I see a few things have changed on the homepage here :|
Yes :wacko:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22654
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Nothing really changed, we *got* a home page. :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22661
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: Nothing really changed, we *got* a home page. :lol:
I liked the way the 'non-existent' home page looked before, but the page that shows the news looks nice

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22664
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

I so need to put a robot here or something. I need to make a C++ one, it would be cool since it could post on multiple forums at once, and maybe even gossip on other forums about other members and vise versa. It could be interesting, if I could develop a really cool AI. time is the issue though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22711
Bookworm

World's Longest Thread

Post by Bookworm »

I delivered mail yesterday after a 7-inch snowfall, and some people had their driveways completely cleared with their snowblowers, but they had left four feet of snow in front of their mailboxes. I brought their mail back to the Post Office instead of stepping out of my vehicle. Served them right.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22714
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Hahaha. Sucks to be them. :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22715
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

This really sucks my home server just died on me. something about inodes, probably lost allot of data. :( Good thing I do backups though.... well of the most important stuff.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22716
Stasi

World's Longest Thread

Post by Stasi »

Bookworm wrote: I delivered mail yesterday after a 7-inch snowfall, and some people had their driveways completely cleared with their snowblowers, but they had left four feet of snow in front of their mailboxes. I brought their mail back to the Post Office instead of stepping out of my vehicle. Served them right.
WWJD?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22720
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

The same. :D

"Thou hypocrites thou block my path, shall have their path to heaven blocked too" Mailman 14:52

:P

Ok, that was bad. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22721
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

Red Squirrel wrote: The same. :D

"Thou hypocrites thou block my path, shall have their path to heaven blocked too" Mailman 14:52

Ok, that was bad.  :D
Modern Christian mentality - Follow the way of Christ when it's easy, when it gets tough make up something (preferably Bible related) that makes what you want to do seem okay. -_-

That was pretty bad too. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22726
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

shenbaw wrote:

Modern Christian mentality - Follow the way of Christ when it's easy, when it gets tough make up something (preferably Bible related) that makes what you want to do seem okay. -_-

Actually that's the catholic way of doing it. They added books to the Bible.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22730
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

Red Squirrel wrote:
shenbaw wrote:

Actually that's the catholic way of doing it. They added books to the Bible.
Oh, are you Jewish now Red? You use those "added" books too don't you?

Catholics are Christians are they not?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22732
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

LOL no catholics are not Christians.

Christians are anyone who has accepted Jesus as their savior and, first of all, believes in God and that he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. It's so simple, I don't understand why so many people don't grasp it.

So yes, a catholic can be a christian, but a catholic is not a christian per say.

It's like saying a trailer is a house, which is untrue. A trailer is a trailer, but a trailer can be a house.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22734
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

Red Squirrel wrote: LOL no catholics are not Christians. 

Christians are anyone who has accepted Jesus as their savior and, first of all, believes in God and that he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.  It's so simple, I don't understand why so many people don't grasp it. 

So yes, a catholic can be a christian, but a catholic is not a christian per say. 

It's like saying a trailer is a house, which is untrue.  A trailer is a trailer, but a trailer can be a house.
Look up the definition of the word "Catholic," Red. <_<
Catholic -
1. Of or involving the Roman Catholic Church.
2. Of or relating to the universal Christian church.
3. Of or relating to the ancient undivided Christian church.
Catholics do believe in God and that he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. In that sense they are Christians. You may not consider them "true" Christains because their particular denomination requires much more than the bare minimum yours does, but to them, they are Christians. It would be hard for a Catholic to rightly call themself a Catholic without also calling themself a Christian. One could very easily call themself a Christian without calling themself a Catholic, but not really the other way around. ;)

Don't you think you're really trying to divert from the real issue here Red? -_- Do you or do you not also make use of those "added" books in the Bible???

In that sense, aren't you essentially adopting the "catholics way of doing it?"
Follow the way of Christ when it's easy, when it gets tough make up something (preferably Bible related) that makes what you want to do seem okay.
So the Catholics did it and the Christians do it becuase the Catholics did it, is that what you're saying?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22736
Joe

World's Longest Thread

Post by Joe »

The Catholic religion is a branch of christianity. If your catholic you are a christian also. To use Red's analogy, this is a house but at the same time its is also a town house.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22737
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

Joe wrote: The Catholic religion is a branch of christianity. If your catholic you are a christian also. To use Red's analogy, this is a house but at the same time its is also a town house.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to explain to him. It's possible for a Christian to not be a Catholic, but it's not very possible for a Catholic to not be a Christian.

I think he's just trying to duck the underlying question. :rolleyes:

As usual. -_-

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22738
manadren

World's Longest Thread

Post by manadren »

Red likes to re-write the dictionary when it comes to religion. :P

But religion is a personal thing, so Red's idea of what a Christian really is just doesn't jive with Merriam-Webster. Though I must admit that it is rather closed minded and arrogant to play off ones own definition as the definitive one for all, including catholics and non-Christians.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22742
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

manadren wrote: Red likes to re-write the dictionary when it comes to religion. :P

But religion is a personal thing, so Red's idea of what a Christian really is just doesn't jive with Merriam-Webster. Though I must admit that it is rather closed minded and arrogant to play off ones own definition as the definitive one for all, including catholics and non-Christians.
No, Red's idea of what a Christian really is doesn't jive with the current state and history of Christianity as a whole. It's been a few years since I've been in a theology class, but if I remember correctly, Roman Catholicism began very near the beginnings of the original Christian movement and was very well established by around 330 A.D. The Catholic Church was Christianity for several hundred years until the split between the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church around 1054 A.D. And it wasn't until durring the 16th century A.D. that the Protestant Reformation occured that began the creation of most of the denominations that Red considers to be "Real Christianity" today. (Lutheran, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Baptist, Methodist, etc.) Catholicism is essentially the basis of all that we know as Christianity, so for Red to say "LOL no catholics are not Christians" and "so yes, a catholic can be a christian, but a catholic is not a christian per say" seems to be a conception of Christianity that is very far from the truth.

If one knows what a Christian is and procedes to claim that they indeed are a Christian, as the Catholic religion as a whole does, isn't it pretty safe to say that they are Christians. Whether Webster, Red, or anyone else wants to tell them that they are not? -_-

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22743