World's Longest Thread

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

Oh my. Stasi is on a roll.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21221
"Never be game over"
Andy

World's Longest Thread

Post by Andy »

Roll did someone say fatti? :D :D :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21224
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

lol

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21225
"Never be game over"
OLKMED

World's Longest Thread

Post by OLKMED »

sorry i'm late on the replies, i live in iowa. and that really sucks about your computer

i don't think a bucket of nails would actually do any damage, they probably wouldn't puncture the skin. i tripwire would be good, and maybe something that zaps them, or a rabid caged animal! :dance:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21277
OLKMED

World's Longest Thread

Post by OLKMED »

you could always set up a sledge-o-matic (see my pic)

ooo all this talk makes me wanna watch home alone

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21279
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

OLKMED wrote: you could always set up a sledge-o-matic

<_<

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21287
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah nails would probably not do damage... but I was also thinking fishing line at feet level, so the guy trips, and falls on the peice of wood with nails sticking out, and also act as 4 electrodes for a 2phase AC circuit of 240 volts.

Oh and the thing would triger an alarm too, to scare him, while he has 4 nails in or near his head, and getting fried. At this point, a box of razor blades with lemon juice would fall on his back.

Or is this too harsh? Or too complicated? :D

Tomorow we find out who did it, they got prints. Can't wait!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21291
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
ana

World's Longest Thread

Post by ana »

sintekk wrote:
OLKMED wrote: you could always set up a sledge-o-matic

<_<

I saw that guy once at the restaurant I used to manage. I thought he looked familiar, then he made a phone call and introduced himself to the person on the other end.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21292
Completely like a cucumber, green he was.
ana

World's Longest Thread

Post by ana »

Red Squirrel wrote: Yeah nails would probably not do damage... but I was also thinking fishing line at feet level, so the guy trips, and falls on the peice of wood with nails sticking out, and also act as 4 electrodes for a 2phase AC circuit of 240 volts. 

Oh and the thing would triger an alarm too, to scare him, while he has 4 nails in or near his head, and getting fried.  At this point, a box of razor blades with lemon juice would fall on his back.

Or is this too harsh?  Or too complicated?  :D

Some person recently decided it would be a good idea to somehow duplicate my boyfriends debit card and use it to withdraw cash from our account. Whoever it was got away with $1,300 American.
I hope they had a lovely Christmas.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21293
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

ana wrote:
Red Squirrel wrote: Yeah nails would probably not do damage... but I was also thinking fishing line at feet level, so the guy trips, and falls on the peice of wood with nails sticking out, and also act as 4 electrodes for a 2phase AC circuit of 240 volts. 

Oh and the thing would triger an alarm too, to scare him, while he has 4 nails in or near his head, and getting fried.  At this point, a box of razor blades with lemon juice would fall on his back.

Or is this too harsh?  Or too complicated?  :D

Some person recently decided it would be a good idea to somehow duplicate my boyfriends debit card and use it to withdraw cash from our account. Whoever it was got away with $1,300 American.
I hope they had a lovely Christmas.
Can't the banks do anything? :(

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21295
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

How can you duplicate a card? That's kind of hard to do given it has the magnetic strip. No wait, guns are legal in the states, so debit card cracking equipment probably is too... :rolleyes: (had to bring up guns again it's my Canadian nature :P)

But hopefully something can be done did you get the police involved?

Man I won't sleep tonight, since what if it really is my friend who broke into my house.. I mean common I know him since like grade 1... but he has a criminal record and he ain't an angel. But with this business stuff I was just figuring he had changed since it seems part of his life was crime and such, and I think it does involve stealing. But just the fact that we were little and used to play in my basement, and now he actually broke into the same exact windows that were there when we were kids, got in the same exact house, and stole stuff... I just can't seem to register this, but with all the evidence so far it looks like it is him. I need to find a way to get my mobo back since he traded me with a "new" one but at this moment I'm having trouble installing windows, and it's probably because the mobo he gave me sucks. He gave me money for the trade even though they were equivalent, but now I think I know why... i need to trade it back before he even knows about the police and the break in. Since he has no clue what's up and I don't want to say anything or accuse him in case it actually is not him.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21299
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

In case the robber comes back (and the cops said, usually they do) I have a little suprise for him. The box that the HDD was in, well I took the rest of the stuff out and added something very special, only noticable when you remove the antistatic and buble wrap. :D

This may also cause him to get mad and break stuff, and that's more evidence. :D

Only problem, this could cost me allot if he breaks my computer or something, but all the very important stuff is on my server anyway. Though I do need offsite backups now that this has happened... :ph34r:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21304

ana

World's Longest Thread

Post by ana »

The bank covered it actually. They said this kind of thing happens all the time. Some crook puts some device into a real atm machine, and that somehow duplicates the magnetic strip. Then they either have some sort of camera set up to watch you enter your pin, or they might be watching from a distance with some binoculars. Very scary.
Anyway the bank put the money back into our account since we called to report it so quickly. Maybe those fraudy guys do a lot of this stuff around Christmas when people are frequently checking their balances, so no individuals get hurt. That would be nice of them. Maybe we were just lucky though.

I do hate that guns are legal in America. A lot of other things are pretty dumb about America right now, too. Can I move into your basement? I'll bark at the bad guys when they break in.
No need for all those razor blades, etc.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21305
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Haha sure. I'll give you a hockey stick, best defence around here. The sludge hammer and axe are excellent but more heavy.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21311
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

hahahahahaha now I can say that I got my Mhz stoled, and even my RPMs! :lol: Even my video pixels were stoled!! oh noes!!!

I don't know why I'm putting humor in this since it's a really bad situation. :o

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21313
ana

World's Longest Thread

Post by ana »

Laughing is better than crying.

I won't need any weapons. My bark is scary enough. And if that doesn't work, I'll vomit on them. They'll never be back.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21315
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

Vomit is a great defense, dry heaves works every time.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21322
"Never be game over"
ana

World's Longest Thread

Post by ana »

Oh c'mon. If you're gonna do it, do it right.
They should have some idea of what was eaten.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21323
Stasi

World's Longest Thread

Post by Stasi »

ana wrote: I do hate that guns are legal in America.
Guns are legal in Canada, too.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21324
ana

World's Longest Thread

Post by ana »

Right. Europe it is.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21327
odders

World's Longest Thread

Post by odders »

Red Squirrel wrote: How can you duplicate a card?  That's kind of hard to do given it has the magnetic strip.  No wait, guns are legal in the states, so debit card cracking equipment probably is too... :rolleyes:  (had to bring up guns again it's my Canadian nature :P)

But hopefully something can be done did you get the police involved?

Man I won't sleep tonight, since what if it really is my friend who broke into my house.. I mean common I know him since like grade 1... but he has a criminal record and he ain't an angel.  But with this business stuff I was just figuring he had changed since it seems part of his life was crime and such, and I think it does involve stealing.  But just the fact that we were little and used to play in my basement, and now he actually broke into the same exact windows that were there when we were kids, got in the same exact house, and stole stuff... I just can't seem to register this, but with all the evidence so far it looks like it is him.  I need to find a way to get my mobo back since he traded me with a "new" one but at this moment I'm having trouble installing windows, and it's probably because the mobo he gave me sucks.  He gave me money for the trade even though they were equivalent, but now I think I know why... i need to trade it back before he even knows about the police and the break in.  Since he has no clue what's up and I don't want to say anything or accuse him in case it actually is not him.
oh man, nothing beats bitter irony. :lol: yeah, but i do know how much i sucks to have good stuff taken by "good" friends. i feel your pain man <_>

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21332
odders

World's Longest Thread

Post by odders »

Red Squirrel wrote: Haha sure.  I'll give you a hockey stick, best defence around here.  The sludge hammer and axe are excellent but more heavy.
yeah, i gotta samurai sword next to my bed, and two very expensive knives in arms reach too. :fragged: there are wackos out there...

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21333
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

Stasi wrote:
ana wrote: I do hate that guns are legal in America.
Guns are legal in Canada, too.
Not to carry in a glove compartment though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21336
"Never be game over"
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

ycontrol wrote: Not to carry in a glove compartment though.
Do they, er, search every single car's glove compartment? :lol:

"Official Glove Compartment Searcher of Bad Things"
That'd be a crappy job to have, consider how many surly people you'd have to deal with

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21337
ycontrol

World's Longest Thread

Post by ycontrol »

Yea that would suck.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:21338
"Never be game over"