UD GRID ALL OVER

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
alienz

UD GRID ALL OVER

Post by alienz »

UD GRID HAS SHUT UP SHOP!

After completing billions of hours of CPU time and scoring trillions of points alone for the iceteks at UDGRID.COM I can now inform you that although you have all had a head start here at FAH, Alienz is now ready to catch you all up and move to the top of the charts here, yet again.

It would have not been fun if I had defected at the same time as the rest of you as I would have had instant success at the top.

Now with my suped up and roaring new computers I am ready to kick some squirrel but.....

BUT....

I am presently moving home and have limited internet connections, so you do not have to panic yet.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4793, old post ID:37797
Red Squirrel

UD GRID ALL OVER

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow so grid is officially over? The project itself is done, or they just quit? I know they had constant server troubles.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4793, old post ID:37798
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
alienz

UD GRID ALL OVER

Post by alienz »

Ud did not finish the projects, but explained that they proved theat they could set a platform and showed it was possible for distributed computing networks to exist and copy what they had succesfully done. With no advertising.

World community grid has taken over what ud had started with similar software. Many of the old timers went to wcg.

However I have had trouble running the software and have not had the time recently to find out what the problems are.

I have also moved from where I was, the new place I am in I am unable to get a constant internet connection and also unable to leave the computer running 24/7

However I will occasionally return results to FAH if the computer runs for long enough.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4793, old post ID:38140