Dreams

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Dreams can be perceptive and have their own cryptic views. If you'd like, please share your dreams! :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52389
Clueless

Dreams

Post by Clueless »

i wish i could remember my dreams

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52395
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher
sweetness

Dreams

Post by sweetness »

i have night terrors, i don't remember the imagery, only the feeling of terror

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52398

Dreams

Post by Karma »

sweetness wrote: i have night terrors, i don't remember the imagery, only the feeling of terror
Aww...phooey, I'm sorry to hear that.

Well, I have a dream: I was playing with my cousins, and then suddenly I hear the doorbell ring. Everything got quiet as the front door smashes open and standing on the door, is the Scorpion King. He looks around angrily, and then cries, "Search upstairs! I'll search down here!" And then, thousands of Lurkers (the creatures that are in the PC game Starcraft: Brood War) start crawling upstairs, bloodthirsty of human blood.

Somehow, I blanked out, and everything went dark, but then another dream came up, and I find myself in my brother's room, standing next to my two eldest brothers. Their clothes were marked with red stains and their faces expressionless. I looked out the window and noticed those creatures everywhere--the roof, in the backyard, the walls, chimney, other houses--eating every human in sight. A lady in rags was holding her baby, running from the virulent Lurker, but then two of the raging tigers jumped and landed on top of her, ripping the baby apart from her and tearing her arm...(yeah, I don't want to say more). In short, she was torn to bits and eaten.

And that's my dream! :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52409
Clueless

Dreams

Post by Clueless »

sounds dismal. if you're having dreams with video game characters in them, maybe you need to cut back on the video games. lol.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52414
unbreakable

Dreams

Post by unbreakable »

my dreams are always about something happening like someone dying or me partying or something weird like me being able to fly...i dunno

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52417

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Clueless wrote: if you're having dreams with video game characters in them, maybe you need to cut back on the video games. lol.
I haven't played that game in three years. :P I guess it's coming back to haunt me!!!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52418
Red Squirrel

Dreams

Post by Red Squirrel »

Video game dreams are the weirdest.

I had a dream that I was fighting a balron in a dungeon. Basically a daemon but more powerful. I had my dragon behind me and commanded it to kill but the balron killed me.

Normally, this would be a nightmare and be quite scary, but instead it was more like "crap! I died!" Then I woke up.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52426
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
scherzo

Dreams

Post by scherzo »

unbreakable wrote: like me being able to fly...i dunno
i get those too being able to breath under water and flying. The flying dreams are the scariest at first its okay, but I can never handle landing in my dreams, so I need to fly upward to avoid being smashed on impact on my landing, however cause it was an emergancy accent, i go higher and i start falling faster its like a trampoline. Breathing underwater dreams are the opposite, they are scary at first, but once you realize you can breath underwater then its a 'hoot' :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52427

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Red Squirrel wrote: Video game dreams are the weirdest.
Games give the mind imagination, which could then lead to nightmares. :wacko:
Red Squirrel wrote: Normally, this would be a nightmare and be quite scary, but instead it was more like "crap! I died!"  Then I woke up.
Lol, I supposed you knew it was a dream and acted upon it? :P I can't become a part of my dream--it's usually myself in auto-drive (Gosh, I hope that makes sense).
scherzo wrote:
unbreakable wrote: like me being able to fly...i dunno
Breathing underwater dreams are the opposite, they are scary at first, but once you realize you can breath underwater then its a 'hoot' :lol:
Truly. :) At first, I try and hold my breath, but when I find that I can breathe underwater, I become so amazed.

The flying dreams just pwn, by the way. ^_^

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52430
Clueless

Dreams

Post by Clueless »

ive had strange dreams more than once and its just like i think ive done this before but i cant remember. its really weird

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52433

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Clueless wrote: ive had strange dreams more than once and its just like i think ive done this before but i cant remember. its really weird
You mean like Deja vu? Either way it just feels weird, as though it already happened in a dream, right?

I always seem to remember dreams when I first wake up. But then, fifteen minutes later into my consciousness, I forget it all. :( There have been just a few times when I'll be doing something that will jog my memory, and I remember the dream. :o

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52439
Red Squirrel

Dreams

Post by Red Squirrel »

The weirdest is how some dreams are in the same "world" as others. It's like if there is another world where we go to when we dream, so we can see the same buildings/house layout as we see in other dreams, but it's totally different then our irl house/city, etc.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52442
Clueless

Dreams

Post by Clueless »

dude, yeah ive had dreams where im like in the same place as i was in another dream, but im doing something else

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52443
Red Squirrel

Dreams

Post by Red Squirrel »

Actually the freakiest dream was I was inside the world trade center and knew something bad was going to happen and I was telling people to get out, which of course they just all looked at me weird. In the dream, the elevators only did 10 floors at once, so going all the way up required constantly changing elevators and I had no time so I only got maybe the first 10 floors covered then I either woke up or got out, can't remember.

Now in real life I've never been inside that building, but when I was doing some research, the inside looked very similar to what it did in the dream. Maybe not 100% but close. I still recall the large ceiling, with square structural work.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52446
Clueless

Dreams

Post by Clueless »

i remember i once dreamed it was the end of the world. it was weird.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52459

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Red Squirrel wrote: Now in real life I've never been inside that building, but when I was doing some research, the inside looked very similar to what it did in the dream.  Maybe not 100% but close.  I still recall the large ceiling, with square structural work. 
Dude, that's kind of freaky. :o

Here's another dream that was real weird for me--I was standing all alone. The sky was bleak and dark--the wind, whistling, piercing through my ears. It was foggy and cold, with little life anywhere. Lonely trees bore no leaves and were completly scorched, drenched in mist and illusion. It felt empty, and I decided to walk forward.

Along the walk, I came across black fencing. Beyond the fence, I could see nothing because of the mystified weather, but with my ears, despite the loud whining of the wind, I could hear murmuring. Crying. As I walked along the fence, closer to I suppose, the gate, the crying got louder, and screaming started to commence. It started to become so painful to hear that I almost wanted to cry myself, terrified at what or whom could cause so much pain.

Eventually, I found the gate; tall and overpowering, with remorse beyond yonder. Fire danced proudly and longingly on the other side of the gate, with people running around with torches, burning anyone that happens to pass them--I started to cry, and then suddenly, I woke up.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52472
Red Squirrel

Dreams

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow that is messed up, must of wondered what was in fact happening but never found out.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52508
Red Squirrel

Dreams

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow that is messed up, must of wondered what was in fact happening but never found out.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52509
scherzo

Dreams

Post by scherzo »

Red Squirrel wrote: Wow that is messed up, must of wondered what was in fact happening but never found out.

You can say that again :didi:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52522

Dreams

Post by Karma »

scherzo wrote:
Red Squirrel wrote: Wow that is messed up, must of wondered what was in fact happening but never found out.

You can say that again :didi:
Or maybe I'm just crazy like that. :P

Hehe, but seriously. If I remember correctly I had a dream that was...well, I'll just let you read it (Sorry if it's long!):

I opened my eyes and found myself in my room, on my bed. My face was stiff and dry; my eyes, red and poofy. I could tell I woke up late because the sun had already arose, shining its rays through my window.

Downstairs, I noticed my dad making himself a sandwich. I've always known that people grew older day by day, but on this specific day, I actually noticed that my dad had aged tremendously. His eyes were dreary and sad, and when I said good morning to him, he neither responded nor looked at me.

The television was on in the living room, so I entered the room and sat down on a couch, glancing at the screen--my older brother sat across from me, and apparently, he was watching "What Dreams May Come" (I think Robin Williams starred in that movie). I had watched that movie several years ago, and was terrified of it (I don't know why...perhaps Heaven and Hell don't really compliment me). I leaned back on the couch and looked at the ceiling, suddenly feeling the urge to cry.

"Is she really gone?" I choked.

Not getting an answer, I asked my brother again. "Is she really--"

"Of course she is! She's dead!"

When I looked at my brother, I noticed him welling up. I've never seen my brother cry before. Not until now.

And that's when I literally started to bawl. And once again, I woke up in tears.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52529
Clueless

Dreams

Post by Clueless »

sad

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52533

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Clueless wrote: sad
:) Hey, at least it was just a dream.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52535
Red Squirrel

Dreams

Post by Red Squirrel »

Not too long ago i dreamed my old cat was back, and we had our current cat too, and there was this random dog in the house that was not ours, and they were all playing and stuff. Maybe it's a sign my old cat is still alive somewhere. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52549

Dreams

Post by Karma »

Red Squirrel wrote: Not too long ago i dreamed my old cat was back, and we had our current cat too, and there was this random dog in the house that was not ours, and they were all playing and stuff.  Maybe it's a sign my old cat is still alive somewhere. :P
Aww, how sweet. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2945, old post ID:52575