PLEASE HELP, I'M SEVERLEY ANNOYED AT THIS

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
JaneDizzle

Post by JaneDizzle »

Ok, so lately I have been trying to burn audio cd's with ultimate frustration. I will get everything set up and ready to burn and it will burn, however when I listen to the cd on whatever cd player I choose, the cd sucks. It sound like a radio stuck between both stations..lots of static, skipping, sounds like crap ETC. We have used mediaplayer, fireburner and currently NEro to burn cds. we called the warehouse where we bought the computer/burner and they told us to try burning music as a data file, so we did. when nero was verifying the burn, the cd rom kept hesitating and stalling out, and it kept coming up on the screen as ERROR. when i played the cd afterwords, the fisrt couple tracks sounded beautiful, but after a while it started to sound like crap, and then ultimately just refused to read higher tracks. I am wondering if this could be any connection with the ERROR that we were experiencing during burn verification? The people at the store told us to bring in one of the cd's that failed and a regular audio cd? I'm not sure what this is going to prove, but anyone who has any information or experience with this type of problem, please any information would be helpful. has anyone ever heard of cd's being bad, as if they were a rotton dozen of eggs? My boom box won't read at all, the car stereo sounds horrid, and media player is iffy as well. Any input will suffice.
Thank you
Jane<a href='mailto:janedizzle82@yahoo.com'>janedizzle82@yahoo.com</a>

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1613, old post ID:21452
The Gheyness

Post by The Gheyness »

It sounds like your cdrw drive is corrupting files for some reason.

What are the specs of this computer and the drive itself? It could be anything from your computer doesn't have enough free resources to fully burn the cd (make sure you do things like turn off antivirus before starting a burn process) to improper media for your drive to a setting where you're trying to burn a cd faster than your drive supports to a virus.

I guess what I'd try first...turn off your antivirus...turn off any program that doesn't need to be running, in fact. Check for a firmware update for your cdrw drive and update if there is one. Check for driver/software update for you cd burning program and update if there is one.

Then try burning another cd.

If it still happens, try borrowing a cdrw drive from someone and trying it on your computer.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1613, old post ID:21497
I'm not adopted and I'm not an Indian.
It's just a coincidence that I have
a love of gambling and booze
and a knack for catching syphilis.
JaneDizzle

Post by JaneDizzle »

thanks for the imput i really appreciate it. I am going to try what you suggested...although earlier today I tried to play a regular cd using media player and it wouldn't even read it. I am thinking that my cd rom needs to be replaced. Thanks...your input has helped

Jane

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1613, old post ID:21503
fcbayer

Post by fcbayer »

my Cd burner is stuck i am unable to open it what should i do?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1613, old post ID:21513

Post by 000 »

fcbayer wrote: my Cd burner is stuck i am unable to open it what should i do?
On most cd players, there is a small hole in the front. Big enough to get a straightend out paper clip into. Stick a paper clip in there and it should force it open. Just push with a little force. It will open it even with the power off.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1613, old post ID:21523