headachs suck

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
upload420

headachs suck

Post by upload420 »

does anyone else ever get head achs on a daily basses. I know i do get headachs at least once a day and no matter what i take for them it doesn't help. I wish i new why i get them so much and what i could do to help stop them. Anyone have any idea why i get them and what i can do to stop them.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34087
it's sad but it took me almost 20 years to find out who i was. only reason was alcohol made me become hiddin in myself and now being clean has brought the reall me to the surface
Triple6_wild

headachs suck

Post by Triple6_wild »

this may sound like an odd cure but just stop taking things for them for like 2 weeks n see if thay start to go away

i used to get headaches daily also and would always take somthin but after i stoped taking anything thay started to go away and now i dont get them for like 3-4 months

advil and tylenol only seem to be a temp fix for NOW but you get your headache back later lol

for me if i have a headache and i do take somthing then i will have another within a day or 2 but if i dont take anything then im good for months till my next one

EDIT:just found this and it prooves my point lol so just stop taking things for them and thay will go away :awesome:
Limit your use of painkillers to two days a week. Try to take the medications only when necessary, and use the smallest dose needed to relieve your pain. Overusing pain medications can cause rebound headaches or the development of chronic daily headache, triggering the very symptoms you're trying to stop. In addition, all medications used to treat headache have side effects, some of which may be serious. For prescription medications, of course, follow the recommended dosage and do not exceed it.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34088

Wait what?
Red Squirrel

headachs suck

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah the more you use pain killers, the less they work. I rarely have to use any pain killers so when I had to take tylenol 3 and ibuprofen after a medical proceedure that was painful, it worked quite well.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34089
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
upload420

headachs suck

Post by upload420 »

i guess i could try that but how do i sleep when i can't because it hurts so bad

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34091
it's sad but it took me almost 20 years to find out who i was. only reason was alcohol made me become hiddin in myself and now being clean has brought the reall me to the surface
manadren_it

headachs suck

Post by manadren_it »

If you are having so many headaches, my first concern wouldn't be so much what you can take, but why are having them. For example if it's a sinus headache, maybe you should be looking less at pain killers and more at decongestants.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34092
mana's blog {1, 2} yell at me when I get lazy
Red Squirrel

headachs suck

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah I'd also see a doctor and see what the doctor says. Specially if it's something that's been ongoing for long. Not really normal to have that many headaches.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34094
upload420

headachs suck

Post by upload420 »

well they are migrans and i want to see a doctor but i can't afford it right now so i am kind of in trouble.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34103
Red Squirrel

headachs suck

Post by Red Squirrel »

Oh true I forgot in the states you have to pay. :/ That sucks.

Are your parents willing to help with this? Like pay for a doctor or something? Since it's best to get that checked then later on find out its something serious.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34104
manadren_it

headachs suck

Post by manadren_it »

Well think there are over the counter Migraine specific medicines. Though I think alot of them are just acetamenophin (tylenol) + caffiene. A few people I know swear by Goody's Headache Powder which is aspirin, aceteminophen, and caffiene in powder form (so it acts quicker). Still these are just stop-gap measures that could end up doing more harm than good if you take them too much. If at all possible I'd try to figure out a way to get to a doctor.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4191, old post ID:34106
mana's blog {1, 2} yell at me when I get lazy