this is pretty cool

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

i just went out and bought another speaker system tonight. It isn't like really really loud but it has some bass thats for sure. I have powered subs hooked up now. I love it but my grandpa is pretty pissed cause i can't manage to keep it low enough for his liking.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32182
it's sad but it took me almost 20 years to find out who i was. only reason was alcohol made me become hiddin in myself and now being clean has brought the reall me to the surface
Red Squirrel

this is pretty cool

Post by Red Squirrel »

haha yeah lot of bass is fun. I usually prefer watching movies on my PC because of my speaker set. It's a low enough end $50 set but they sure have balls.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32186
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

i only paided 120$ and mine is banging 140 watts rms. Which i can't get any better because my grandpa was pissed when i got my little 50 watts rms 2.1. I jimmied them both through my computer so i am pushing 190 watts rms. 60 of which is sub power

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32190
it's sad but it took me almost 20 years to find out who i was. only reason was alcohol made me become hiddin in myself and now being clean has brought the reall me to the surface
Red Squirrel

this is pretty cool

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow. My set is like a whooping 10 watts or something, I was suprised when I saw that, I'm all "what? it can't be" since they can be freaken loud! Nothing like putting it full pin and shooting a couple of rounds in a FPS game. :D

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32196
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

mine makes the dishes in the kitchen rattle LOL i love bass

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32266
Red Squirrel

this is pretty cool

Post by Red Squirrel »

haha nice

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32271
rovingcowboy

this is pretty cool

Post by rovingcowboy »

sounds like a good system but a little weak for both of ya?

wait until you get

4 speaker tower units

with 1 woofer 1 mid range and 1 tweater in two of them and they handle 120 watts.

and the other 2 units

with 1 10 inch sub woofer, 1 6x9 woofer, 1 3 inch mid range and 1 tweater and they handle 300 watts per unit..

make sure you get a cooling fan on your reciver amp or it will be toasted when you crank up the 4 units.

i am 10 foot away from the sub woofer unit and when i crank it up i can feel the cement slab viberate under my feet. and the dishes? lets just say i don't stand them on the side in the cupboards it is best to lay them flat, and who needs to dust the house any more. i can knock the dust off the rafters in the attic.

you never heard jarssic park like i can here it. when that water in the foot print moves so does the whole house here. :bsod: :banana: :roflmao2: :lol: :banana:

you think i would be walking around saying huh? when someone talks to me.

not so.. when you have a system that can handle the volume then you dont get lots of the noise that makes you deaf. but you do get lots of loud sound. that can hurt too so only do the loud stuff once ever 3 months or so and use more bass then trebble as the trebble is what will make you lose your hearing faster then anything.

to be safe make sure you only do this when your parents are out of the house and the dishes cant be broken or your in lots of deep doo doo if you don't . :bsod:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32275
roving cowboy/ keith
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

it is funny my grandpa just told me to turn it down and i was like why am i bothering you or does the music bother you and he said well the only thing bothering me is that the stuff in my room is raddleing. I guess i should have settled with a smaller system but screw that i love music and this system is so bad a$$ for games. I mean i can feel the gunshots in games and when i strike someone in a sword fighting game my bed vibrates. Oh yes i love bass it makes music cooler and games more realistic.

and i plane to get a better system next pay check. I will take back this one and buy the one with the 10 inch downfire sub that pushes 200 watts 150 rms. THat will make my house shack.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32276
rovingcowboy

this is pretty cool

Post by rovingcowboy »

but it is one in the morning let grandpa get some sleep. :blink:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32277
roving cowboy/ keith
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

it doesn't bother him at all he knows i work hard and he is ok with me having a little fun after work just as long as i don't get the cops called

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32278
Death

this is pretty cool

Post by Death »

Ya, I got a set of speakers. Not too loud and not too quiet. About mid range, but I like them. Then again I'm in residence so I couldn't put the high end speakers to the max anyways. Even with this set, I have to turn down the sub because I start to feel my chair vibrating. My roomate has a big set though. When he was living at home, we cranked it up and it made a few picture frames lopsided. You could feel the bass going right through you. If you ever get the chance, crank up your bass on your subwoofer and pop on the THX sound test. That's always fun.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32280
rovingcowboy

this is pretty cool

Post by rovingcowboy »

upload420 wrote:
and i plane to get a better system next pay check. I will take back this one and buy the one with the 10 inch downfire sub that pushes 200 watts 150 rms. THat will make my house shack.
let me clue you in on a little known item.

don't just go willy nilly and buy a speaker unit.

check out what it is made like.

you can get better sound with lower cost if you do
your homework.

for example i built my speaker units about 12 years ago

and they are still more powerful then you can get in some
stores.

i got them cheaper then most units of the same power today
would cost you.

heres what you do.

go to your school wood shop class if your in school and learn
how to build a wooden box that will support and elephant.

then go to your local book store and find a copy of the latest
jcwhitney automotive parts mail order mag..

look at the prices in there for speakers you will be surprised
at the sound from speakers you buy with out the brand name
on them. or from little known speaker manufactures.

you say those are car speakers.?

so what i say they are also made in polyomers and with metal covers
on the tweeter cones.
which make them more protected from spilling beer on them doing partys.

and the speakers are all made the same way either for analog or digital sound

make sure you get digital subwoofers. they give the best bass sound.

you also just have to match the style for the style of stereo amp you have your building them for.

if you have an analog unit you can use the digital sub woofers but if you have an digital unit you can't use the analog speakers.

i don't like digital mid range and tweaters they just don't have the sound for me.

so i got the analog unit and use the digital sub woofers.

but my stuff is 12 + years old.

okay some of it is 30 + years old, i just don't like sliding the whole tv stereo entertainment center out away from the wall to plug in the old 8 track units so they are not used much. but they still work.
:awesome:

still as i was saying go get the knowledge of how to build a strong wooden box that can handle the weight and then get the proper speakers from the mail order mag.

and hook up your system. but you MUST KNOW HOW TO HOOK UP THE WIRES in the speaker units if you are adding in multiple speakers.

if you hook them up wrong you will get 2 ohms and toast your stereo amp.

maybe red can do an article on how to hook the wires up when joinning two speaker frames to make one speaker unit. i can't remember how with out going and looking in side my units as i have not do it in 12 years.

but i did toast my first stereo amp with the 2 ohms so make sure you get it hooked up for the 8 ohms.

that 2 ohms was loud but have you ever seen a melted computer chip? thats what it did to my unit in about 10 minutes of use. :bsod:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32282
roving cowboy/ keith
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

my friend derek has a system 7.1 custom made. It has 7 tower speakers with 250 watts a peice. and god like powered sub. It has 1000 watts peak 780 watts rms. You can hear it two blocks away. we turned it up all the way up one day and it took about 10 minutes before the cops got there. I mean that is beyond loud but he also put over a grand into it.

I will one day build a home system that will trigger earthquakes LOL but first i have to make alot of money like my friend derek

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32284
rovingcowboy

this is pretty cool

Post by rovingcowboy »

it don't take a lot of money

i paid 50 dollars for the sub woofers and 40 dollars for the 6x9's then i paid 20 dollars for the wood and screws and 3 dollars for the wood grain contact paper to cover the plywood and make it look like a expensive unit.

all total not counting the new stereo unit i need as i toasted my other one.

113 us $. for 2 units that hadle 300 watts each. so that is 600 watts of sound for that price.

like i said you can get it a lot cheaper by doing your home work. :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32288
roving cowboy/ keith
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

ok then i am going ask you guys to help me make a super system come next pay check.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32299
rovingcowboy

this is pretty cool

Post by rovingcowboy »

well there is a better way to get great sound then having all that power

you can take cheap speak units that you buy or make that use 4 inch woofers and 2 inch midrange tweater combos.

and then do what the bose people did.

they figured out the proper length of hollow tubes needed for the size of speakers they used.

then figured out the proper length to bend the tubes and the proper size to scale up and down the diamiter for the different notes and octives.

then they just put the tubs up against the speaker's frame and have a low powered sound system that is very clear sounding and loud for its size.

to say what they did in short is that they made the sound flow through all the pipes of the pipe organs from the speaker but made it do it with one pipe..

takes time to figure out the stuff. but it is good,

you can with your system you have now have the bass low volume just put some plastic tubs like the type you get for storing large artwork in tubes.

and making the speakers be sealed up against the end of them, then you can just aim the end of the tubes to where you sit or stand while playing and watching so you can get great feel that bass but not bother grandpa.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32300
roving cowboy/ keith
upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

great idea but i am not sure how actually how i could do this. I have to powered subs right next to my bed. Do i have to pull apart the speaker box to do this or do i put this tube on the outside of the box.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32323
rovingcowboy

this is pretty cool

Post by rovingcowboy »

the tube would need to be as large as the diamiater of the speaker frame, and both ends of the tube need to be open. you take something to seal the tube with on the end.

and then fit it on the speaker around the frame of the speaker and seal it to the box the speaker frame is mounted in.

if it is a heavy plastic tube then i would use silcone glue and put glue on the edge of the tube before i put it over the speaker so it would be glued to the box and around the frame.

if it was a light cardboard tube just put it on around the speaker and use tape to hold it there. that way you can change the tube size easier until you found the length that gave you more punch with the bass.

you could also just to help a little more take the speaker units and sit them up off the floor and away from the wall it might not make so much sound in them then and might help in not keeping grandpa awake.

just be careful when making the tubes if you use that idea.
they are going to condense the sound in to a lot smaller area and if your in front of it then it will hit you harder then you would think for the volume used.

they are making sound bazooka's as weapons for the military to use in place of bullets and for the police to use for riot crowd control

so that should tell you the potental for harm from them.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32348
roving cowboy/ keith
BeerMan

this is pretty cool

Post by BeerMan »

rovingcowboy wrote: they are making sound bazooka's as weapons for the military to use in place of bullets and for the police to use for riot crowd control

where can i get one :blink:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32386
Drink it up!

upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

BeerMan wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote: they are making sound bazooka's as weapons for the military to use in place of bullets and for the police to use for riot crowd control

where can i get one :blink:
true that i want one too

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32399
BeerMan

this is pretty cool

Post by BeerMan »

Haha...first target...Mr. Fields...ofcourse he still might not get hurt from it...fatass haha

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32536
Drink it up!

upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

no actually i would like to see mrs. feilds get kick in his nutz

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32537
BeerMan

this is pretty cool

Post by BeerMan »

Ill put bets down TJ does it the last day of this year! I mean it is our senior year lol

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32563
Drink it up!

upload420

this is pretty cool

Post by upload420 »

i don't know if he will but he should that would be pretty funny.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32567
BeerMan

this is pretty cool

Post by BeerMan »

Yes yes it would

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3928, old post ID:32585
Drink it up!