Backing Up Dvds

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
jellyfish

Backing Up Dvds

Post by jellyfish »

I'm trying to backup a new dvd of mine but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm using DVD decrypter and dvd shrink and burning it in Nero as an ISO but it doesn't seem to be working in my dvd player. I've backed up discs before and played them using the dvd player so what's going wrong???

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3919, old post ID:32088
jellyfish

Backing Up Dvds

Post by jellyfish »

I have backed up dvds like this before and played them on that particular dvd player and so I know that the discs should be fine as is the dvd player.

I've tried to burn at a lower speed aswell- the lowest I could go is X2. I've tried buring in Nero and in Dvd decrypter but both are the same.

I've choose to verify the data on the disc after the burn and I've saved the error report.

Click here for the error report.

As I say: I've used the dvd burner, discs and dvd player before in backing up dvds etc.

So what else can I do?

p.s I've also tried other discs aswell as dvd re-writables.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3919, old post ID:32098
Red Squirrel

Backing Up Dvds

Post by Red Squirrel »

When I do the verify data it ALWAYS fails, even if the burn worked, so don't even bother with that verify thing. Have you tried doing simply a direct disc to disc copy?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3919, old post ID:32099
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
jellyfish

Backing Up Dvds

Post by jellyfish »

No for two reasons:

1) The main disc is copy protected (which is why i have to put it through dvd decrypter).

2) The main disc is more than 8 gigs whereas dvd-rs are about 4.7 or something like that so I have to shrink it down using dvd shrink.

I'm trying one last time.

If this attempt doesn't work then I'm going to presume that the main disc has some kind of new copy protection which dvd decrypter doesn't remove properly.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3919, old post ID:32101
Red Squirrel

Backing Up Dvds

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah, copy protection can be a real pain, someone needs to make a program that does a binary copy of a disc, so copy protection would not matter since it would copy everything EXACTLY as it is, bump per bump.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3919, old post ID:32102
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!