univac....

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
Red Squirrel

univac....

Post by Red Squirrel »

Close to one of the gas stations there's this weird looking piece of equipment laying outside, and I swear it looks like part of the Univac Case 1107 computer (one of the first PCs - it took an entire room, was 8 tons). If I get bored tomorow I'll go take a ride with my bike and check it out... I have no clue what that would be doing here... in Timmins... at a gas station.. but it probably is too good to be true. but the style of machinery looks exactly the same, it's yellow, has these weird turning things, and some kind of writing on it that I don't have enough chance to read when we pass by car.

If it turns out to be that, I'll definatly ask them what they are doing with it. It's probably worth quite allot today, and should be sitting in a museum somewhere, not outside. :lol:

Perhaps I can restore it, and turn it into a super UD cruncher! Muwhahahahahahahaha *lightning hits a rod and powers a giant machine to take over the world, as a 2Mhz computer starts booting into primary hard disk fail status*

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2437, old post ID:20566
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
brandon

univac....

Post by brandon »

Poke it with a stick Red!

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2437, old post ID:20577
Ally to good!
Nightmare to you!!!
Wren

univac....

Post by Wren »

Hey, get some pics. Someone might know what it is. :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2437, old post ID:20578