New Copyright infringement claim

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
manadren_it

Post by manadren_it »

according to this letter a ftp site distributing a free map pack for Unreal Tournament 2003 is being thrated by the Entertainment Software Association. Why? because a bot picked it up as possible pirat software because the filename "INFMapPacks123FULL-MAN.zip" includes the words Pac and Man :P

Yep, more of that "Threaten suit first, ask questions later" policy that we all love so much...

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1217, old post ID:10748
mana's blog {1, 2} yell at me when I get lazy
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

LOL now that is funny.

Actually, I often get this bot on here that checks for copyright infrigments. As we do not support warez (maybe I do, but not the site :P ) I don't really worry, but had the thoughts of blocking it. They actually obey robots.txt so I could simply block it through that but to be saffer I'd block the IPs.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1217, old post ID:10752
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Carpet Rodent

Post by Carpet Rodent »

:o Another nutcase lawsuit :(

As you said earlier, Manadren, there are a lot more idiots out there than I first thought :biglaugh: (or was it morons)... Obviously another individual who has too much time on his / her hands... :cry:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1217, old post ID:10898
Some people look upon me as an institution, and there are a few who think I should be in one! Image

Help fight cancer