Do you like the USA?

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

erolyn wrote: What Jefferson MEANT was, "all white, upper-class, heterosexual males are created equal".
What was meant was all people, it's sad when people and/or politics get in the way. People can be downright evil sometimes.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13457
sintekk

Do you like the USA?

Post by sintekk »

Didn't Jefferson have a slave?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13460
Joe

Do you like the USA?

Post by Joe »

That was a long time ago, the way of life was different.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13504
Joe

Do you like the USA?

Post by Joe »

We got rid of slavery, we let women vote, and its only a matter of time before homos can marry.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13505
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

And that's a good thing? LOL. Your tax dollars at work.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13506
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Joe

Do you like the USA?

Post by Joe »

I'm not saying its good or bad but its gonna happen.
To be honest, i'm against it but this topic is not about gays.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13507
sintekk

Do you like the USA?

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: And that's a good thing? LOL.  Your tax dollars at work.
I still don't understand why you just can't let them do whatever the hell they want as long as it isn't affecting you :wacko:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13508
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Why should some gross people be using innocent's tax dollars?

In fact I heard that half of these "gay" marriages are not all gay people, just random people saying "hey we should marry then get a tax break"

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13515
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

Joe wrote: That was a long time ago, the way of life was different.
Right. The first thing americans say when you talk about slavery. "THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO" And they still celebrate thanksgiving and independance day, both holidays a long time ago and when things were different.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13516
sintekk

Do you like the USA?

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: Why should some gross people be using innocent's tax dollars?

They're probably thinking "I can't get married, why the hell are they using my tax dollars?" :P

In fact I heard that half of these "gay" marriages are not all gay people, just random people saying "hey we should marry then get a tax break"
That's a eerie thought, but I doubt it

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13517
sintekk

Do you like the USA?

Post by sintekk »

William Wallace wrote: Right.  The first thing americans say when you talk about slavery.
The first thing I said was "Didn't Jefferson have a slave?" :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13518
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Actually there's still slaves today. Try working for mcdonald's for 7 bucks an hour :P j/K

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13519
Bookworm

Do you like the USA?

Post by Bookworm »

I will gladly own up to William's assertion that Americans are arrogant. I am proud to live in the greatest country in the world, and if someone wants to call that arrogance, then I can certainly see their point. I am not going to change my mind, though, so I am stubborn, too.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13521
FloodG8-9595

Do you like the USA?

Post by FloodG8-9595 »

William Wallace wrote:
Joe wrote: That was a long time ago, the way of life was different.
Right. The first thing americans say when you talk about slavery. "THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO" And they still celebrate thanksgiving and independance day, both holidays a long time ago and when things were different.
Actually the first thing out of my mouth as an amemrican when you talk about slavery is this. Slavery was not exclusive to America, We didn't start slavery and the people alive today had NOTHING to do with it. If you think that I (just because I was born and live in the U.S.) am responsible for slavery then I am truly saddned by your lack of ability to see life in an individual perspecive.

The reason people say THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO is because it... was.. It's not an excuse by anymeans.. Slavery was a terrible awful thing and I dont' know how many times it can be said and mean anything if it keeps being harped on.. The fact is that we live with our past for what it is. I don't deny it but I sure as hell don't revel in it. look back far enough bucko and someone in your family probably owned a slave too.. African or not...

In my opinion no one has any right to make a general blanket statment that "Americans are ....(fillintheblank)".. It's that kind of thinking that causes hate to run rampant in this world. It's that kind of demonization that LEADs to slavery and racism.. Just because Americans arn't "disinfranchised" or poor doesn't mean than the retoric being spewed isn't just as hatefull and wrong.

"how do you like them apples ho-bag... and how do you like those very same apples Edgers" -Captin Murphy (sealab 2021)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13522
Cicero

Do you like the USA?

Post by Cicero »

Bookworm wrote: I will gladly own up to William's assertion that Americans are arrogant. I am proud to live in the greatest country in the world, and if someone wants to call that arrogance, then I can certainly see their point.
Yeah your right that is arrogant and also racist or countryist or sumthin like that.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13526
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill
Andy

Do you like the USA?

Post by Andy »

Actually the first thing out of my mouth as an amemrican when you talk about slavery is this. Slavery was not exclusive to America, We didn't start slavery and the people alive today had NOTHING to do with it. If you think that I (just because I was born and live in the U.S.) am responsible for slavery then I am truly saddned by your lack of ability to see life in an individual perspecive.

The reason people say THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO is because it... was.. It's not an excuse by anymeans.. Slavery was a terrible awful thing and I dont' know how many times it can be said and mean anything if it keeps being harped on.. The fact is that we live with our past for what it is. I don't deny it but I sure as hell don't revel in it. look back far enough bucko and someone in your family probably owned a slave too.. African or not...

In my opinion no one has any right to make a general blanket statment that "Americans are ....(fillintheblank)".. It's that kind of thinking that causes hate to run rampant in this world. It's that kind of demonization that LEADs to slavery and racism..  Just because Americans arn't "disinfranchised" or poor doesn't mean than the retoric being spewed isn't just as hatefull and wrong.

"how do you like them apples ho-bag... and how do you like those very same apples Edgers" -Captin Murphy (sealab 2021)
Well said. See it the same way. I ask myself some times when Some Darker people come to my job and start saying WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT CRACKER. In the mean time i'm loading their cars with the product they orderd. so.... I know that they are takeing it out on me what happens years ago. Thats not right. :(

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13528
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

One thing for sure if the states suddently disapeared allot of countries including Canada would be lost. Basically the tech indistry would be gone since everything is pretty much US based. Lot of other industries would go down too.

Not to mention, we would no longer have World Police! Team America! :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13529
Joe

Do you like the USA?

Post by Joe »

In my opinion no one has any right to make a general blanket statment that "Americans are ....(fillintheblank)".. It's that kind of thinking that causes hate to run rampant in this world. It's that kind of demonization that LEADs to slavery and racism.. Just because Americans arn't "disinfranchised" or poor doesn't mean than the retoric being spewed isn't just as hatefull and wrong.

Nice post, good points

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13535
FloodG8-9595

Do you like the USA?

Post by FloodG8-9595 »

hellmaster4eva wrote:

Well said. See it the same way. I ask myself some times when Some Darker people come to my job and start saying WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT CRACKER. In the mean time i'm loading their cars with the product they orderd. so.... I know that they are takeing it out on me what happens years ago. Thats not right. :(
I'm not sure those particular people arn't just :censored:... :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13537
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Oh and I have to agree too that some americans, or most americans, are arogant. But most Canadians are friendly, Most scotish talk funny... so we all have our traits. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13543
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

Red Squirrel wrote: Oh and I have to agree too that some americans, or most americans, are arogant.  But most Canadians are friendly, Most scotish talk funny... so we all have our traits. :D
I find most people I've meet, all around the world, are arrogant in general. Most Canadian's I've meet are very arrogant about whatever they can be (no offense red, but guns and healthcare are always the first things canadians bring up :D ), just like Americans are about what they can be, and any other population is that I've visited. Most(as in overall) western Europeans I've met or talked to were very 'set in their ways', or stubborn as hell, unless they are city-dwellers. But, yeah, I know a lot of arrogant people, I try not to associate with them, but they are everywhere. I find that people in the world today are just too confident in their opinions, without doing any research to back that up. <_<

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13546
FloodG8-9595

Do you like the USA?

Post by FloodG8-9595 »

MrSelf wrote:
Red Squirrel wrote: Oh and I have to agree too that some americans, or most americans, are arogant. But most Canadians are friendly, Most scotish talk funny... so we all have our traits. :D
I find most people I've meet, all around the world, are arrogant in general. Most Canadian's I've meet are very arrogant about whatever they can be (no offense red, but guns and healthcare are always the first things canadians bring up :D ), just like Americans are about what they can be, and any other population is that I've visited. Most(as in overall) western Europeans I've met or talked to were very 'set in their ways', or stubborn as hell, unless they are city-dwellers. But, yeah, I know a lot of arrogant people, I try not to associate with them, but they are everywhere. I find that people in the world today are just too confident in their opinions, without doing any research to back that up. <_<
:up: :up: :up: :worship: :et: The Asgard thank you for your correctness

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13548
Cicero

Do you like the USA?

Post by Cicero »

In someway everyone is arrogant and set in their ways but no other nation says so often and confidently that
Bookworm wrote: I am proud to live in the greatest country in the world
There is a line between patriotism and sentances that make the rest of the world hate you.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13559
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

What americans NEED to do is make a formal apology to afromericans. And I don't mean walking down the street, buying a pack of flowers and handing it to some black guy and say sorry. The president needs to do it, on Global Television, so that the while world sees it.

"but WW none of u did it lolzz"

Since America is the LEADER IN EVERYTHING, why doesn't america do something Good for a change, rather than building WMDS that could crack the crust of the earth*yes, it's a fact*, they could turn all that knowledge towards finding a cure for cancer or AIDS. In this scenario, then can be the first to apologize to black, and go down in history for it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13563

FloodG8-9595

Do you like the USA?

Post by FloodG8-9595 »

William Wallace wrote: What americans NEED to do is make a formal apology to afromericans. And I don't mean walking down the street, buying a pack of flowers and handing it to some black guy and say sorry. The president needs to do it, on Global Television, so that the while world sees it.

"but WW none of u did it lolzz"

Since America is the LEADER IN EVERYTHING, why doesn't america do something Good for a change, rather than building WMDS that could crack the crust of the earth*yes, it's a fact*, they could turn all that knowledge towards finding a cure for cancer or AIDS. In this scenario, then can be the first to apologize to black, and go down in history for it.
No offence Will but Rediculous

you want AMERICA to apologize for enslaving the African American race when no one LIVING today had ANYTHING to do with it..?...
What in the hell gives you the idea that the black americans living today Deserve*(or even want) and apology for slavery.. They wernt slaves.. hell they're parents weren't slaves and most of their grandpanrets wern't slaves.. Remember also that alot of people that make up America today are immigrants from other countries that came AFTER that all started.. some even from your holy exhaulted self interested part of the world Will. Would you still have AMERICA apologize for this?

I think your fundamental problem is that you look for reasons to hate a country that is different from yours. Yeah the US has done some crappy things.. not proud of it.. but I don't take responsibility for it either.. But so has every other country in their history.. Do you remind people from England that they enslaved and ruled the Scotts every day?.. how about getting on the Italian ancestors of the romans.. maybe we should hold them accountable for killing Christ?.. think we should jump down the Egyptians throats because the enslaved the Jews?..

just because it happened a long time ago doesn't mean it doesn't count.. isn't that right Will?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13568