World's Longest Thread

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Well you don't understand anyway. In history there's been many missintepretations of Christian, and there are still now. But as far as the bible goes to be a Christian and to go to heaven you need to accept Jesus in your heart and believe that you are a sinner and that he died on the cross for your sins. It's as simple as it gets, but people just like to make things complicated.

For example, we used to be catholic. I was too young to remember, but my mom used to wonder why Jesus died on the cross because they never talked about that in the catholic church, so she personally asked the priest and he said "It's a mystery" Yeah, whatever. Maybe if the priest actually read his bible before doing his teachings, he could actually lead the church in a right direction.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22749
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Red, you should look into becoming a televangelist, the insults and sermons that you hurl at everyone who disagrees with you shows you'd be awesome as one of those :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22750
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

You mean those preachers on TV? They're awesome! It's so fun to watch them preach, they really know what they're doing and can come up with the right words etc... :lol:

Actually we had this preacher from PEI who preached at our church, he got straight to the point and said in not exact words "if you don't accept Christ, you're going to hell and your gona suffer!" :lol: It's just the way he would say it too, I think if any non christians were there, they repented pretty quick after that sermon. :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22751
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: You mean those preachers on TV?  They're awesome!  It's so fun to watch them preach, they really know what they're doing and can come up with the right words etc... :lol:

Actually we had this preacher from PEI who preached at our church, he got straight to the point and said in not exact words "if you don't accept Christ, you're going to hell and your gona suffer!"  :lol:
I'm glad we agree on your new career :D

Now, we need a fire-and-brimstone name for you. How about, Reverend Billy Bob Hellhorn?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22752
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Or, Mr. Razzle-Dazzle! That's a kickass minister name!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22753
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

How about Lord Darth Saviour? :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22754
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: How about Lord Darth Saviour?  :lol:
No, the 'saviour' part makes you sound too nice, yer a televangelist! You gotta inspire phear!

How about: Minister Red EvilBasher Horton

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22755
Stasi

World's Longest Thread

Post by Stasi »

What about 'Minister Dingleberry Johnson'?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22757
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

That's a good one too, especially if red does a "Yer All Sinners Tour 2005" and stops by in Alabama, they'll love that!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22760
Stasi

World's Longest Thread

Post by Stasi »

sintekk wrote: That's a good one too, especially if red does a "Yer All Sinners Tour 2005" and stops by in Alabama, they'll love that!
Hmmm, he'd do better with this: 'Minister Gaylord Butts'

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22762
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

Red Squirrel wrote: Well you don't understand anyway.  In history there's been many missintepretations of Christian, and there are still now.  But as far as the bible goes to be a Christian and to go to heaven you need to accept Jesus in your heart and believe that you are a sinner and that he died on the cross for your sins.  It's as simple as it gets, but people just like to make things complicated.
So Catholicism is a "misinterpretation?" Are you saying that Catholics don't believe that they are sinners and that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and don't accept Jesus in their hearts? Is that what you're saying? Which reminds me, you never answered my original question in this thread. Do you make use of the New Testament? You know, those books that the Catholics added to the Bible? Do you believe in and use those books that those non-Christians put in there?
Red Squirrel wrote: For example, we used to be catholic.  I was too young to remember, but my mom used to wonder why Jesus died on the cross because they never talked about that in the catholic church, so she personally asked the priest and he said "It's a mystery" Yeah, whatever.  Maybe if the priest actually read his bible before doing his teachings, he could actually lead the church in a right direction.
Sounds like you were being ministered to my a retard. Perhaps you should have kicked him out and done the whole congregation a big favor. Ha! You could have assigned a temporary replacement until you were good and ready to make you preaching debut as Minister Gaylord Butts! :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22765
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

I personally still favor Minister Razzle-Dazzle, but hey, Minister Gaylord Butts is a name no one will soon forget :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22767
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

sintekk wrote: I personally still favor Minister Razzle-Dazzle, but hey, Minister Gaylord Butts is a name no one will soon forget :lol:
Minister Razzle-Dazzle is too flashy. It's too inviting. Red is going to be a minister to induces fear of the tribulation among his congregation.

What's more frighting than God-hating homos? :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22768
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

LMAO some insane guy was walking down town with a gun today. They evacuated that section of town as a precaution and arrested him. Suposely it had to do with gay marriages, but I only overheard about this on the radio. Sure today was the grand opening of the new Walmart which is suposely the biggest in Canada but this is still not Toronto. :lol: Actually, I can't wait to get the chance to go to the new Walmart, I did not even see it in progress, well only when they were putting the corner beams into the ground.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22771
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

Funny, an enormous Wal-Mart is opening up right across the street from my house tomorrow. We're super pumped. -_-

Not really, we're kinda pissed they're making the Target close for like six months so that they can turn into a greatlands Target (Super Target). Oh well, I guess you shop at the store that's open, eh? ^_^

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22773
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Here it's a huge excitement. They actually made a new bus route specificly for the walmart. :lol: Glad since the new location is a bit further from my house so in winter I can just walk to the mall and take the bus from there. I'm suprised how fast that building went up though, well then again it's just that time goes by fast, since they've been working on it since summer. I'll have to go check it out soon.

The curent walmart is like completely empty, it's weird to walk in there, almost freaky. :lol: Would be fun to bike or rollerblade in there though! Lot of open space.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22775
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

This is it, the compilation of apache, php and mysql. If I was catholic I'd go light candles around the server and spread incense in the PSU, for good luck.

First I just need to go find a tutorial somewhere. Thing is they're all different so I never know which is the right way of doing it. lol. I should of saved the one that worked.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22778
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Woo I'm at the "make" part and so far everything looks ok, well with the output it's hard to tell if it's normal or if it's errors though... But the ./configure part is usually what spits out all the errors if there's any problems.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22779
Bookworm

World's Longest Thread

Post by Bookworm »

shenbaw wrote: So Catholicism is a "misinterpretation?" Are you saying that Catholics don't believe that they are sinners and that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and don't accept Jesus in their hearts? Is that what you're saying? Which reminds me, you never answered my original question in this thread. Do you make use of the New Testament? You know, those books that the Catholics added to the Bible? Do you believe in and use those books that those non-Christians put in there
Actually, Catholics believe that they are sinners and that Christ died for them, But they do not accept Jesus into their hearts. They believe that they recieve Jesus into them when they take communion, and that God's grace is also applied to them when they perform the other sacraments. A one-time salvation decision is not a part of Catholic theology. Also , I believe Red was refering to the Apocrypha when he talked about Catholics adding books to the Bible. The Catholic Bible contains tha Apocrypha, while Protestant Bibles do not.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22781
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

True I forgot to mention that, Catholics think they can get to heaven by good works, and yes I was refering to the Apocrypha (I assume... never knew what it was called).

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22783
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: Catholics think they can get to heaven by good works,
I don't know why, but I think that's a nice idea: doing nice things to get to good places :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22785
shenbaw

World's Longest Thread

Post by shenbaw »

sintekk wrote:
I don't know why, but I think that's a nice idea: doing nice things to get to good places :lol:
Ha. Maybe i'm a catholic at heart?

^_^

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22789
Red Squirrel

World's Longest Thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Sweet it's working now!

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /data/intranet/main/www/iceteks/scada/mainlogger.php on line 139

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/intranet/main/www/iceteks/scada/mainlogger.php on line 140
Scada SQL Error: No database selected
Just have a few mysql things to do but those are minor, then I can restore the DBs which should take a while so I'll go to bed during that time.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22809
sintekk

World's Longest Thread

Post by sintekk »

And now for something completely different

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22810
Stasi

World's Longest Thread

Post by Stasi »

sintekk wrote:
Oh come one, that's way too tough! After all, if you believe like Red, then you just have to accept Christ into your heart and then you can indulge in all manner of debauchery, mayhem, and murder and you'll still go to heaven since you were 'saved'! How wonderful it must be to have a religious belief in which experiencing eternal happiness requires no substantive acts on the part of the believer except the act of believing and accepting something.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:4, old post ID:22814