The official spam thread

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

sintekk wrote: Actually, it loads up, no error, but it takes forever, listing all 35000+ pages :lol:
Wow, maybe just do a big WMD with those or something, since that can be kinda hard on the server. :lol: Really not sure why it even does that since it should still limit to 10 items per page. But it still has to do pre calculations to know how many pages there are though and I think that's what takes long.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30902
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

sintekk wrote:
Furball wrote: Holy crap sintekk! Nice IC's
Thanks! They were a 'gift' from red :lol:
....and all I got was a crappy toaster :rolleyes:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30903
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

Furball wrote:
sintekk wrote:
Furball wrote: Holy crap sintekk! Nice IC's
Note the ' marks around gift :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30904
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

sintekk wrote:
Furball wrote:
sintekk wrote:
Note the ' marks around gift :lol:
Ah, I see. Hey, when was this implemented:
Sorry, you cannot cash stocks this early!
My stocks need a cashing :D

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30905
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Hehe been there for a while. you have to wait a week. One flaw in the stock system was that if you buy newly issued stocks they go up dramaticly if the person does not have that much cash, so you can just cash the stocks right a way and make a couple millions with like 100 ICs. :lol:

Oh and anyone who had a negative wallet is now set at 0, and I noticed most of the goverment accounts are in the negs too. We need taxes I think. :D

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30908
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

Hahaha taxes :P. Now it feels real

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30909
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

:lol: yeah

And I'm getting mixed up with languages again :lol:

Code: Select all

echo("<a href="#pagenum">(Page ".($page+1)." of ".$numberofpages.")</a>");
$pagenumberhtml = "Pages: ";

for($tmp=1;$tmp<=$numberofpages;$tmp++)
{
$pagenumberhtml.="[<a href="mall.php?mall=".$mallid."&opage=".$tmp."">".$tmp."</a>] ";
}
cout<<"test";
[code]

I started typing cout and I'm all, wait a sec, it's echo! 

[color=#888888][size=85]Archived topic from Iceteks,  old topic ID:578, old post ID:30910[/size][/color]
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

I wonder why the gov accounts were at 0? :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30911
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Most likely stocks, since the goverment gives out money if the stock issuer can't afford to send the cash.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30912
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Oh I just found what the problem is, because the number of pages is so big, it has to contatenate for each [number] and put it in a string, so it uses up all the memory to store that string.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30913
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

I'm still working on consoladating all my Metal shields into WMDs :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30914
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

Ya Red, just thought of something. Do you have a minimum price function? Was wondering if it's possible to put a weapon with 210000000000 HP for 1 IC. Even though you can't buy from your own store, 2 people could work together to buy from each other's shops and get high HP weapons.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30915
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

sintekk wrote: The cybervillage needs more free land... I have tons of ICs and nothing to spend it on except my bank :lol:
Need a section to request land buying (On somebody who already has land). That way you can be like "I'll give you 1 billion IC's for that piece of land"! If they don't accept within a month, it becomes yours. If they decline, you can't offer again for a few days. If they accept IC's go to the person and you get a new land tile.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30918
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

I still think there should be an easier way for people with 0 or less ic's to make money, especially now that the Trivia section is gone.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30919
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

Furball wrote:
sintekk wrote: The cybervillage needs more free land... I have tons of ICs and nothing to spend it on except my bank :lol:
Need a section to request land buying (On somebody who already has land). That way you can be like "I'll give you 1 billion IC's for that piece of land"! If they don't accept within a month, it becomes yours. If they decline, you can't offer again for a few days. If they accept IC's go to the person and you get a new land tile.
It'd be handy for there to be a real estate building or something, listing all free slots.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30921
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

I've been thinking of expanding the map. It will still show 15 by 15 on the screen but it will be possible to use arrows to navigate to the next section and so on. So I just need to use multiples of 15 and I'd be set. Like 150*150.

And land/busniesses that remain inactive for a certain time will decay. Same with items, like any items that have 0 hp of both defence and damage will decay with time. I can probably just add that in the 0 stock query that clears items that have 0 in stock.

It is possible to make a very cheap item with superpowers but thing is, it will cost allot. I can always impliment it so the price can't be below the cost, or can only be 20% below cost, or something.

Oh and here's a funny screenshot I just took. :lol: It's now limited to only 1000 pages, and instead of storing that string into a variable it's outputed right away, so I had to put it on top instead of the bottom in order to do that, cleaner that way anyway. Well when you have only a couple of pages... :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30922
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

:lol: I still have 200k items to consolidate into WMDs :P

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30923
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Haha is it working out or does it error out and stuff?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30924
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

sintekk wrote: I still think there should be an easier way for people with 0 or less ic's to make money, especially now that the Trivia section is gone.
Agreed. What they can do though is beyond me. Perhaps they get a special newbie status and get 5 IC's per post instead of 1 (Until they reach about 100 posts or so and become a member). And as well, they could be protected against robbing until they become members. They could also start with 5000 IC's to get started on their feet. As for people who end up in the negatives and need to go back into the positives, they can do a little mortgaging (As in sacrificing items and land tiles to get out of the hole). Members donating IC's to people who have none could have significance and benefits as well. Like, the people who give will be rewarded in other ways than IC's (Like recognition or something)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30925
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

Furball wrote:
sintekk wrote: I still think there should be an easier way for people with 0 or less ic's to make money, especially now that the Trivia section is gone.
Agreed. What they can do though is beyond me. Perhaps they get a special newbie status and get 5 IC's per post instead of 1 (Until they reach about 100 posts or so and become a member). And as well, they could be protected against robbing until they become members. They could also start with 5000 IC's to get started on their feet. As for people who end up in the negatives and need to go back into the positives, they can do a little mortgaging (As in sacrificing items and land tiles to get out of the hole). Members donating IC's to people who have none could have significance and benefits as well. Like, the people who give will be rewarded in other ways than IC's (Like recognition or something)
I think there should be a weekly allowance of 100k ic's to people that have under 10 million. That'll keep things interesting.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30926
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: Haha is it working out or does it error out and stuff?
It's working, it's just... very slow... :D

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30927
Death

The official spam thread

Post by Death »

Red Squirrel wrote: I've been thinking of expanding the map. It will still show 15 by 15 on the screen but it will be possible to use arrows to navigate to the next section and so on. So I just need to use multiples of 15 and I'd be set. Like 150*150.

And land/busniesses that remain inactive for a certain time will decay. Same with items, like any items that have 0 hp of both defence and damage will decay with time. I can probably just add that in the 0 stock query that clears items that have 0 in stock.

It is possible to make a very cheap item with superpowers but thing is, it will cost allot. I can always impliment it so the price can't be below the cost, or can only be 20% below cost, or something.

Oh and here's a funny screenshot I just took. :lol: It's now limited to only 1000 pages, and instead of storing that string into a variable it's outputed right away, so I had to put it on top instead of the bottom in order to do that, cleaner that way anyway. Well when you have only a couple of pages... :lol:
Ya, I think that's a good idea. Make different maps with larger land tiles. And to get to these maps, you have to pay a large fee (Like 100 million IC's) to be able to access the maps (1 Time fee). The new maps could have larger tiles increasing the ability to add mansions and such without having to break them up into numerous tiles.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30928
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah I'm thinking of implimenting statuses, and this is where taxes will come in, since rich people will pay taxes while poor people will receive some money from taxes.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30929
sintekk

The official spam thread

Post by sintekk »

Red Squirrel wrote: Yeah I'm thinking of implimenting statuses, and this is where taxes will come in, since rich people will pay taxes while poor people will receive some money from taxes.
Keep in mind inflation, though. 1k ics isn't very much to do anything nowadays :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30930
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Furball wrote:
Red Squirrel wrote: I've been thinking of expanding the map.  It will still show 15 by 15 on the screen but it will be possible to use arrows to navigate to the next section and so on.  So I just need to use multiples of 15 and I'd be set.  Like 150*150.

And land/busniesses that remain inactive for a certain time will decay.  Same with items, like any items that have 0 hp of both defence and damage will decay with time.  I can probably just add that in the 0 stock query that clears items that have 0 in stock. 

It is possible to make a very cheap item with superpowers but thing is, it will cost allot.  I can always impliment it so the price can't be below the cost, or can only be 20% below cost, or something.

Oh and here's a funny screenshot I just took. :lol:  It's now limited to only 1000 pages, and instead of storing that string into a variable it's outputed right away, so I had to put it on top instead of the bottom in order to do that, cleaner that way anyway.  Well when you have only a couple of pages... :lol:
Ya, I think that's a good idea. Make different maps with larger land tiles. And to get to these maps, you have to pay a large fee (Like 100 million IC's) to be able to access the maps (1 Time fee). The new maps could have larger tiles increasing the ability to add mansions and such without having to break them up into numerous tiles.
That could be cool but would be hard to make, I was thinking more of making it part of the same map, just not on the same screen. Since that would simply require to add more entries in the map database, which contains an entry for each cell. For land tiles I do want to setup a better upload system, so it remembers who uploads what and can be changed easily etc.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:30931