Cloning

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
MrSelf

Cloning

Post by MrSelf »

shenbaw wrote: It's funny, when most people use the word "mutations" they automatically think of grossly deformed or disfigured things, so much so that it might make something like an apple, inedible or dangerous to eat. No one ever thinks of the mutated apple that is 10 x's bigger and juicier that can feed an entire family for a week.  :lol: Either way, I don't see how cloning apples or fruit could run the risk of "dangerous" mutations. All they're doing is taking the DNA that exists and replicating it. If anything, I would think that would mean they are at less risk for genetic mutations. Am I missing something here???  :(
It's the same thing our body does, only we are guiding the replication instead of our body, and that's where the problem is. As of now, we don't know all the details to how everything works in our body and our body has a better track record at successful replication. That's not to say that we can't discover all the details to replication and figure out how to do it better than what's built into our bodies natural process. I want one of those 10X larger steaks! :moo:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:8542
Red Squirrel

Cloning

Post by Red Squirrel »

mutation is blasphemy. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:8557
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
shenbaw

Cloning

Post by shenbaw »

Red Squirrel wrote: mutation is blasphemy.  :P
So's this, "God, that was an absolutely pointless post." :P

:lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:8579
muppetmayhem

Cloning

Post by muppetmayhem »

Are we talking about animal cloning? or are we talking about human cloning. animal cloniong is alright, only if we use it to re-build endangered speceis. Human cloning is bad because we are already struggling to keep this world in balance. We wouldn't want to over throught the people population for something as simple as cloning. Although I did wish that i had a twin!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:8913
Keep your peace and stay groovey!!!
shenbaw

Cloning

Post by shenbaw »

muppetmayhem wrote: Are we talking about animal cloning? or are we talking about human cloning.
I think we're just talking about cloning in general.Image
muppetmayhem wrote: animal cloniong is alright, only if we use it to re-build endangered speceis.
Why is that the only acceptable purpose?
muppetmayhem wrote: Human cloning is bad because we are already struggling to keep this world in balance. We wouldn't want to over throught the people population for something as simple as cloning.
:huh: Come again? Over what the people population? For something as simple as cloning? :wacko:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:8979
Anonymous

Cloning

Post by Anonymous »

I say yay for cloning and yay for designer babies.

Hell, if cloning is allowed, I'm going to make an army of myself. Now that would be fun.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:10471
sintekk

Cloning

Post by sintekk »

William Wallace wrote: I say yay for cloning and yay for designer babies.

Billion doller babies! Woo! :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:10480
Anonymous

Cloning

Post by Anonymous »

sintekk wrote:
William Wallace wrote: I say yay for cloning and yay for designer babies.

Billion doller babies! Woo! :lol:
And 100 sintekks to use as man whores! w00t! :banana:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:620, old post ID:10507