Hawkings changes black hole theory.

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Dumb Genius

Post by Dumb Genius »

yeah but between going at mach 10 or going at the spedd of light there is a difference.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7042
» BHS-D
» TwstC
mimic

Post by mimic »

Dumb Genius wrote:
mimic wrote:
the ones who gave their opinion should not simply because you dont have sufficient knowledge and no evidence or arguments at all.
That's a piss poor attitude to have. I got it by reading books over time, just like 99% of the world that has an opinion. You don't have any knowledge on this anymore than we do and I wouldn't say something like that just because I didn't agree with you. Of course I don't have first hand knowledge, I'm not in space and going through black holes anymore than you are. It's by debating that someone can learn, if given the knowledge in the correct fashion. If I'm wrong, that's fine, tell me why but I don't think it's necessary to come along and say we shouldn't give our opinions or don't have evidence or arguments just because you think we are.
i didnt perceive that as a debate but as affirmations that's why i'm telling that.
There are many theories out there so not all can be correct, I realize that...that just happens to be the one I believe right now. I have no doubt new evidence will come along and that may be proven wrong. It's not my studies so I wouldn't take it personal, I just don't think it's fair that we shouldn't be allowed to give our opinions on what we believe is all. We believe what we do the same as you, through reading books. I wouldn't tell you to keep your opinion to yourself just because I thought you worded things incorrectly.

I can always put in my sig "I do not double as a rocket scientist as my day job." So everyone will know I'm not the final solution, if you'd like. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7043
mimic

Post by mimic »

i dont want to offense anyone here. and i love you all :D
You edited.

I beat you with my smilie anyways. :nana:

No offense at all. it's just debating. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7044
Dumb Genius

Post by Dumb Genius »

mimic wrote:
Dumb Genius wrote:
mimic wrote:

That's a piss poor attitude to have. I got it by reading books over time, just like 99% of the world that has an opinion. You don't have any knowledge on this anymore than we do and I wouldn't say something like that just because I didn't agree with you. Of course I don't have first hand knowledge, I'm not in space and going through black holes anymore than you are. It's by debating that someone can learn, if given the knowledge in the correct fashion. If I'm wrong, that's fine, tell me why but I don't think it's necessary to come along and say we shouldn't give our opinions or don't have evidence or arguments just because you think we are.
i didnt perceive that as a debate but as affirmations that's why i'm telling that.
There are many theories out there so not all can be correct, I realize that...that just happens to be the one I believe right now. I have no doubt new evidence will come along and that may be proven wrong. It's not my studies so I wouldn't take it personal, I just don't think it's fair that we shouldn't be allowed to give our opinions on what we believe is all. We believe what we do the same as you, through reading books. I wouldn't tell you to keep your opinion to yourself just because I thought you worded things incorrectly.

I can always put in my sig "I do not double as a rocket scientist as my day job." So everyone will know I'm not the final solution, if you'd like. :)
for me there is a difference between saying this theory is true and wonder why a theory can be possible. again the verb "believe" that you use is not correct that's my point. trying to understand all the possibilities/theories is more correct.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7046
» BHS-D
» TwstC
mimic

Post by mimic »

Dumb Genius wrote:
mimic wrote:
Dumb Genius wrote:

for me there is a difference between saying this theory is true and wonder why a theory can be possible. again the verb "believe" that you use is not correct that's my point. trying to understand all the possibilities/theories is more correct.
Ok, point taken. I still think people can say "I believe" and the author may still have an open mind towards the possibilities of relevent information that can change his ideals and beliefs in th future. But this is just semantics now. I understand your point and no problems. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7048
MrSelf

Post by MrSelf »

mimic wrote:
I honestly think we will revamp our theory on gravity and many other universal theories completely in the next 10 years; much of what we think we know will shift slightly.
I agree Mr Self. I also think it may always be everchanging as we learn more and some theroies are debunked and others come to fruition.
Yeah, a think a lot of times, we are just slightly of, because we are missing several pieces of the puzzle, it distorts over overall picture. Gravity we have proven correct through centuries, only on earth however, many things we have come across since outside of earth have not played by the rules as we thought they should. I think gravity is probably part of a larger system. I thing most things work with a force, and an opposite force; in this case matter and dark matter. I think we will find that gravity works within these as a system, not so much on the level it is at now. I'm not sure if that will make sense to anyone else, I'll have to wait a while and see what happens in the next several years.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7066
mimic

Post by mimic »

Ok Dumb Genius, you wanted a link as to why I think what I think...

A classical black hole is a theoretical concentration of mass with a gravitational field so strong that its escape velocity exceeds the speed of light. This implies that nothing, even light can escape its gravity, hence the term black. The name black hole is very widespread, even though the theory does not refer to any hole in the usual sense.

According to some physicists, no matter or information can flow from the interior of a black hole to an outside observer (e.g. one cannot bring out some of its mass, or light it up with a light source such as a flashlight, or retrieve any information about the material that has entered the black hole), although some physicists challenge this possibility. The existence of black holes in the universe is a very well supported theory, and is predicted by a number of theories whose other predictions have been successfully tested. A minority of physicists deny the actual existence of black holes.
Not where I learned it but just agree with it. Now there's the same evidence anyone else can present. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7107
Dumb Genius

Post by Dumb Genius »

mimic wrote:
i dont want to offense anyone here. and i love you all :D
You edited.

I beat you with my smilie anyways. :nana:

No offense at all. it's just debating. :)
of course i editited i dont want you to think that i'm a dictator, but science is science! you can wonder but not guess.
and thanks for the link.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7490
» BHS-D
» TwstC
keillor

Post by keillor »

Something to ponder, as the mass of a black hole increases the radius of the event horizon also increases.

It has been calculated that a black hole with the mass of the Universe would have an event horizon greater than the visible universe.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:584, old post ID:7671