if you...

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
fragged one

if you...

Post by fragged one »

...could only get god's os by purchase, what would be the limit at which you would pay for it?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:1950
no u!
Red Squirrel

if you...

Post by Red Squirrel »

$50

winblows: $5

But that's why there's kazaa. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:1987
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Chris Vogel

if you...

Post by Chris Vogel »

Bah! Who wants God’s OS when you can have Satan’s OS?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:1990
Bruce

if you...

Post by Bruce »

I wouldn't charge myself, just the rest of you. :didi:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2016
Stasi

if you...

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: But that's why there's kazaa. :D
You're a good little Christian - downloading illegitimate copies of things....

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2017
Anonymous

if you...

Post by Anonymous »

Stasi wrote: You're a good little Christian - downloading illegitimate copies of things....
THOU SHALT NOT STEAL..... :didi:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2024
wldkos

if you...

Post by wldkos »

William Wallace wrote: THOU SHALT NOT STEAL..... :didi:
hahaha, f**k yeah :magic:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2026
Cisco_Kid

if you...

Post by Cisco_Kid »

tell that to MS when they charge so much for that sh_t (shiznit is realllly farking stupid for a replacement word) they sell that is outpaced by free or much cheaper options in many cases.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2037
Started talking to yourself I see.
Yes, it was the only way I could be sure of an intelligent conversation

Blackadder
Stasi

if you...

Post by Stasi »

Cisco_Kid wrote: tell that to MS when they charge so much for that sh_t (shiznit is realllly farking stupid for a replacement word) they sell that is outpaced by free or much cheaper options in many cases.
So stealing has no divine repurcussions when you steal from someone just because you think they charge more than their product is worth?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2321
fragged one

if you...

Post by fragged one »

is there such a thing as 'divine repurcussions'?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2325
no u!
Stasi

if you...

Post by Stasi »

fragged one wrote: is there such a thing as 'divine repurcussions'?
Only if God exists.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2328
manadren

if you...

Post by manadren »

Uh.. don't you think that if god had an OS and felt like giving it to us, that he would give it to all for free?

That is unless we're talking a christian god, in which case, it could be given, then snatched up and copyrighted, then simultainiously sold and shoved down your throat like AOL cds and plastered with additional christian propaganda.

... ok, that last bit was a joke, don't kill me *cowers in fear*

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2337
Stasi

if you...

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: $50

winblows: $5

But that's why there's kazaa. :D
Manadren, this is what my posts have referred to. A self-described Christian's use of kazaa to obtain legally illigitimate copies of something, aka stealing.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2341
manadren

if you...

Post by manadren »

Stasi wrote: Manadren, this is what my posts have referred to.  A self-described Christian's use of kazaa to obtain legally illigitimate copies of something, aka stealing.
I wasn't refering to your post specifically, though that is kind of ironic...

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2346
Cisco_Kid

if you...

Post by Cisco_Kid »

Stasi wrote: So stealing has no divine repurcussions when you steal from someone just because you think they charge more than their product is worth?
my post was a bit misleading there, or at the very least a random shot from the hip. The kind of argument I posted applied literally would 'defend' someone's actions who is using a pirated copy of Photoshop because 'Adobe charges too much' or some other similar silly statement.
Obviously you should pay for the software you use (as I did when I paid $300 for Soundforge) or look at cheaper and/or free options if it costs more than you can afford. A prominent example would be paying for Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, or (my choice) using an open source option that rivals PS in most respects rather than using a pirated copy. If you are that level of a graphics manipulator and truly NEED and USE photoshop on an advanced level then you should be able to acquire and use a legal copy

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2366
Started talking to yourself I see.
Yes, it was the only way I could be sure of an intelligent conversation

Blackadder
fragged one

if you...

Post by fragged one »

i just illegaly download them. <_>

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2693
no u!
Red Squirrel

if you...

Post by Red Squirrel »

Downloading is not stealing, allot of people say it is, but it's not. Stealing involves removing something from someone, but as I download windows, the copies that are in the store remain there, so they don't loose money, they just make less. :D

A company asking hundreds of dollars for a round plastic thingy inside a cardboard thingy, now that is stealing... well not quite,but it ripping off.

Oh and it's legal in Canada :dance: Well music anyays. :didi: But I can rename win2k.iso to win2k.mp3 and it comes up to the same thing.... :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2696
fragged one

if you...

Post by fragged one »

that's pretty damn hypocritical of you, red.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:2698
no u!
Bruce

if you...

Post by Bruce »

Red Squirrel wrote: Downloading is not stealing, allot of people say it is, but it's not.  Stealing involves removing something from someone, but as I download windows, the copies that are in the store remain there, so they don't loose money, they just make less.  :D

A company asking hundreds of dollars for a round plastic thingy inside a cardboard thingy, now that is stealing... well not quite,but it ripping off.

Oh and it's legal in Canada  :dance:  Well music anyays. :didi:  But I can rename win2k.iso to win2k.mp3 and it comes up to the same thing.... :D
Cool so if someone steals your car, and then parks it somewhere and puts a "FREE" sign on it. Then I can take it with a clean conscience. :didi: ::/ So what if you don't get money for your property. :nana:

If you didn't pay for it then you stole it, it's pretty plain and simple, read the EULA that you agree to when you install it. If you didn't pony up the cash, then according to the agreement you clcik I agree to, you just stole the software.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3164
Red Squirrel

if you...

Post by Red Squirrel »

If it was possible to duplicate my car, and someone took a duplicate of it, sure I would not care. That's the main issue with software, you can duplicate it without it costing anything to anyone, or hardly anything (if you put it on disc you pay for the disc that's about it. Pay 2 bucks instead of 2,000).

If I could afford software I'd buy it, but there's not one piece of software out there that I can afford. It's just too rediculously priced. And if I could afford it, I'd just get more ram, or a faster processor.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3172
Bruce

if you...

Post by Bruce »

It is possible to duplicate your car, but that is also illegal.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3271
Red Squirrel

if you...

Post by Red Squirrel »

Well theoricly it's possible, because that's sort of how teleporters work, but the technology is not really developped yet. And buying two the same does not count. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3314
Bruce

if you...

Post by Bruce »

You've never been in a machine shop then I take it. ;)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3325
Red Squirrel

if you...

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah but you still have to buy all the parts etc... so you're not really duplicating it, well you are be by software I meant to copy it at no cost, at the push of a button.

But I never knew copying another car was illegal, but it makes sense, especially if the concept is patended.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3331
Stasi

if you...

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: Yeah but you still have to buy all the parts etc... so you're not really duplicating it, well you are be by software I meant to copy it at no cost, at the push of a button.

But I never knew copying another car was illegal, but it makes sense, especially if the concept is patended.
Red, you can rationalize it however you want, but as far as the law is concerned, you're stealing... and it's not as if you're stealing something for the sake of your own survival. You're stealing it just because you don't have the money to puchase it. Here's a tip: get a job, and if you're currently going to some educational institution, or will in the near future, look at buying discounted copies of software. Explore open source options when you can. Otherwise, you're breaking a commandment you supposedly believe in, and practically flaunting your illigitimate acquisition of stuff you don't have a right to. Unrepentant stealing isn't something I'd imagine the God you believe in would allow without punishment.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:212, old post ID:3408