Time travel?

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Gravity? LOL obviously it exists, it's been proven, otherwise we'd be floating all over. The point that most miss is that if by chance an explosion was powerful enough to create the universe, and also create gravity, gravity can't be more powerful then what created it, so the momentum of the explosion would be more powerful then gravity. So unlike my animation planets would still be rotating but going further and further.

I used to make lot of magnets, and one thing I learned is no matter how hard you try you can't make a magnet more powerful then what you used to create it. So if I used electricity to create it (easiest way) I was not able to create a magnet that could produce that much electricity while turning at the same speed as the original electric source. But now we're getting more into thermodynamics but it's pretty much the same concept but with gravity/momentom instead of magnets and electricity.

Also consider the point where once you burn something you can't bring it back. If you throw a log in a fire, or blow it up, you'll have ashes left and you won't be able to make a log out of those ashes. So if we realy exist because of an explosion, we should all be ashes right now.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2143
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Anonymous

Time travel?

Post by Anonymous »

An explosion? Hell no. The big bang was a period of a careful expansion, not wild explosion.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2151
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

WW - Carving things into stone is more difficult than one would imagine. :didi:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2176
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

When I was in like grade 4 me and my friends used to break stones to find stuff inside. We got all exited over finding a dust size spect of gold. We wanted to start a mine and we actually ended up finding a spot where there was gold... but it was all fools gold. :lol: But I have a few quartz rocks around here from those days, and there was actually real gold so it did pay off. But this is way off topic.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2180
MrSelf

Time travel?

Post by MrSelf »

William Wallace wrote: An explosion?  Hell no.  The big bang was a period of a careful expansion, not wild explosion.
Yeah, just because we don't know exactly what happened at the very beginning doesn't mean all of the evidence is false. We have what we know (expanding universe), what we don't know(how the expansions started, how and where it came from), and what we theorize (other factors influencing, time ripples, other dimentions, etc...)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2182
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

When I was in like grade 4 me and my friends used to break stones to find stuff inside. We got all exited over finding a dust size spect of gold. We wanted to start a mine and we actually ended up finding a spot where there was gold... but it was all fools gold. But I have a few quartz rocks around here from those days, and there was actually real gold so it did pay off. But this is way off topic.
--> :huh:

:D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2191
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Just thinking of the past aka time travel. :roflmao:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2211
Stasi

Time travel?

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: Gravity?  LOL obviously it exists, it's been proven, otherwise we'd be floating all over.   
God isn't proven, yet you believe in Him and a book that talks about Him more than many other things that, while not proven at least have some amount of evidence behind them.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2319
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

God has been proven, if He did not exist, none of us would, not even the universe.

Just curious, how do years work for atheists? For example, for me it's 2004 AD (After Jesus's Death) but for those who don't believe in God, how does time work? Just something that came to my mind. I just never realized there were so many atheists here so I might as well ask questions and take advantage of this phenomenal way of living. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2322
Stasi

Time travel?

Post by Stasi »

Red Squirrel wrote: God has been proven, if He did not exist, none of us would, not even the universe.

Just curious,  how do years work for atheists?  For example, for me it's 2004 AD (After Jesus's Death) but for those who don't believe in God, how does time work?  Just something that came to my mind.  I just never realized there were so many atheists here so I might as well ask questions and take advantage of this phenomenal way of living. :D

First off, I'm not an atheist. I don't claim to know whether or not God exists.

Secondly, when was the existence of God proven?

Thirdly, just because a measurement has been created with a religious basis, doesn't mean nonbelievers disavow it or seek to turn it on its head completely since simply for the sake of people knowing what you're talking about you'd want to use the commonly understood year/time references. Some people refer to the "A.D." years as CE which means "common era". The "B.C." years are referred to as BCE or "before common era".

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2326
Anonymous

Time travel?

Post by Anonymous »

Red Squirrel wrote: God has been proven, if He did not exist, none of us would, not even the universe.

:o So that means that there is a spliff-smoking, 4-headed guy around the place somewhere! :unsure:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2339
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

Unicorns have been proven, if they did not exist, how would we know what unicorns are? We have pictures of them for God's sake! :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2362
Stasi

Time travel?

Post by Stasi »

shenbaw wrote: Unicorns have been proven, if they did not exist, how would we know what unicorns are? We have pictures of them for God's sake! :lol:
Yes, and if the existence of God is proven simply by the fact that we're here, well, who's to say God isn't Shiva, or Zeus, or Wotan, as each head of their respective pantheon has had something to do with Creation in each religious system.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2381
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

Stasi wrote: who's to say God isn't Shiva, or Zeus, or Wotan
Um, Red. :rolleyes:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2385
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

God is God.

I don't know why people like to reject God so much.

The sky is blue simply because it is. How do we know that blue really is what we call blue? We just know. Well same with God's existance. So all those times I pray for something and it happends, it's a coincidence? I think not. God exists just as much as we do. And with all the prophercies being fufiled, I would not beat around the bush (no pun intended. :D) with that.

Be prepared for the end is near.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2402
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

So everytime I pray to the unicorns that something will happen and it does, that's just a coincidence? I think not. :lol:

It's the same kind of argument Red.
I don't know why people like to reject God so much.
They don't like to. But they do it for the same reason that they reject the existence of unicorns. You can't prove they exist cause there's no evidence. But you can't prove they don't exist also because there is no evidence. The only reason one would believe in either, is because of faith and faith alone.

Again, I don't think anyone likes to reject God. But personally I do like arguing with people like you about it, because A. your world is so set in stone you refuse to even acknowledge the validity of other people's points, and B. you have no idea how ignorant you sound when you make arguments like
God has been proven, if He did not exist, none of us would, not even the universe.
and then proceed to try and scare people into agreeing with you by making statements like
Be prepared for the end is near.
Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2405
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Did a unicorn send his son in order to safe us all? :roflmao:

That's the big difference.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2409
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

Did God?

How do you know?

That's the big similarity.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2412
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Obviously, it's a known fact.

Now back to our program.

http://www.friesian.com/paradox.htm
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/time-travel-phys/
http://science.howstuffworks.com/time-travel.htm

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2440
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

Obviously, it's a known fact.
No, it's a known belief. Do you know the difference between a fact and a belief?

A fact is a concept whose truth can be proved.
A belief is a concept whose truth can not or has not been proven.

Do you know any Jewish people Red? Ask one of them if God sending his son to earth in order to save us all is an obvious known fact. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2445
Magic

Time travel?

Post by Magic »

Red, to you, it might be "fact", since you believe it. But from an objective point of view, to some others, it's just a mere belief. I think you need to respect others viewpoints as they respect yours.

Some people adamantly say ghosts exist, some people vehemently deny that.

Nobody is saying God doesn't exist. Maybe He does. But there hasn't been 100% irrefutable evidence to some people.

Maybe it is enough for you to believe it as fact. Good for you. :up: But some people don't. Good for them as well. :up:

How would you feel if someone told you God doesn't exist, and said that it was fact? Same thing.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2450
Red Squirrel

Time travel?

Post by Red Squirrel »

I should start an all your base cult. Move zig for great justice or go to hell! :roflmao:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2460
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

there hasn't been 100% irrefutable evidence to some people.
I'm with ya Magic, but isn't it the case that all evidence of God is refutable, and consequently cannot be classified as a "fact."
Maybe it is enough for you to believe it as fact.
Is that really consistent with the definition of a "fact?" Maybe I'm not clear about what a fact is? :(

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2461
Magic

Time travel?

Post by Magic »

shenbaw wrote: I'm with ya Magic, but isn't it the case that all evidence of God is refutable, and consequently cannot be classified as a "fact."
Is that really consistent with the definition of a "fact?" Maybe I'm not clear about what a fact is? :(
Figuratively speaking.

Yes, it's not factual, but devout believers perceive it and know it as fact. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2462
shenbaw

Time travel?

Post by shenbaw »

Perceptions can be a deceiving thing. ;)
know it as fact.
:didi:

Sorry, I'll stop dwelling on this now. :wacko:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:91, old post ID:2464