new pc

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
upload420

new pc

Post by upload420 »

ok i plane on getting a new pc game soon anyone know of anything that might spark my interest i want either a cool fps or a cool medieval rpg. i just wonder if anyone knows of any titles that they know are fun that are pretty new. and don't try neverwinter nights 2 already rocked that game and medieval 2 i thinks sucks.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36911
it's sad but it took me almost 20 years to find out who i was. only reason was alcohol made me become hiddin in myself and now being clean has brought the reall me to the surface
syb

new pc

Post by syb »

You mean Medieval total war 2? You can try Oblivion that's a wicked game.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36912
The wisdom of sight comes from the father of lights
MikeDB

new pc

Post by MikeDB »

World of Warcraft. :P but seriously have you tried Doom 3? Or Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil (expansion pack) there is also the doom classics (Doom 1, 2) Another good game is Age Of Empires 3 its wicked cool man :) I usually buy games from a discount bin that look pretty cool, and most of them turn out to be awesome. Just go for one you think will be cool.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36915
Triple6_wild

new pc

Post by Triple6_wild »

hmm im not much of a pc gamer so i cant really recommend any

donno if this needs to be said but do a google search on the games the others brought up ^^

search for screenshots to get an idea of how good the graphics are and also use video google to see the game play

normally just by watching a few low quality videos of someone els playing you can kinda figger out if you will like the game or not ... next best option would be rent it or borrow it but for pc thats not as easy

im a playstation gamer and thats how i choose my games cuz of poor gameplay theres bin in newer games

so basicly asking others is not always a good idea cuz barbies dream house may be a good game for them but not for you :biglaugh:

anyways ya just do a lil reading on em before you go out and get em that way you will have a game you will like ;)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36916

Wait what?
syb

new pc

Post by syb »

Before I buy a game I normally go to ign.com and check out what they have to say.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36917
Triple6_wild

new pc

Post by Triple6_wild »

syb wrote: Before I buy a game I normally go to ign.com and check out what they have to say.
ign is good for reviews etc but thay are good at making most games look great :biglaugh:

i also use that site for games that are not out yet cuz thay collect news previews etc about it but in the end thay only show the best of the game and not the werst so if gameplay is not great then thay wont show you much of that in there videos ...thay will show more replays and movies instead

so untill the game has bin out for a month or 2 it will always look "better" on ign then it does when you go to play
i say a month or 2 cuz the reviews from ppl who bought the game give you more truth

ign thay give you enuff of the bad but not the full truth of how bad it really is :blink:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36918

Wait what?
syb

new pc

Post by syb »

I've never had a problem with it but it's best to check other sites or user reviews. I don't buy games much so ign is good for me.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36920
travis

new pc

Post by travis »

Silkroad Online... It's free!!!

http://www.silkroadonline.net/

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:4641, old post ID:36950
C2D E6400 @ 3.4ghz/Scythe Infinity
GA-965P-DS3
1GB G.Skill HZ @ DDR2 1000
BFG Nvidia 7600gt @ 632/1610