PSP help...

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

aznsamaritan wrote: :grade11math: :grade11math: :grade11math: new problem...i was on my laptop trying to figure it out like a noob...i went to the start menu pressed connect to. then chose show all connections; went to my wireless connection>support>details. i typed in all the stuff..(idk if i was suppose to do that >.<) then i got on my psp tried to go to google; ALMOST WORKED!, but it said Communication with the server failed. A DNS error has occured. (8041040F)
Just so you don't waste your time, don't bother messing with your LAPTOP in order to get your PSP to work. It has NOTHING to do with it. Unless, of course, it's getting internet fine. THEN you should try and check the settings on it and just copy them over to your PSP((when I say this, cause I know someone will ask the question, I mean MANUALLY do it, you can't just zap them over)).
Looks like, based on the sticky note, you have WEP going?
See if you can find someone knowledgeable about these things and try seeing if disabling WEP on your router gives you PSP access.
The PSP supports WEP, and even WPA((but it's glitchy I here, Sony has to work that out)). So, he should be fine.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29180
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

Pyr-O-Rgasm wrote: The PSP supports WEP, and even WPA((but it's glitchy I here, Sony has to work that out)). So, he should be fine.
I knew about WEP (Didn't about WPA, but I don't have 2.0), I just thought it was worth a shot since one of the links I posted mentioned it as a possible solution.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29181
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

well i manually copied the stuff over..but there seems to be something wrong with my DNS stuff. btw what is a dns?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29182
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

what type of video format does the psp need..

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29238
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

aznsamaritan wrote: what type of video format does the psp need..
I believe it's mp4.

Check out this program:
http://www.pspvideo9.com/

It pretty much takes any video file and converts it into a complient PSP video file.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29240
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

MPEG-4, actually.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29241
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

Bah, same thing :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29242
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

ok so like where do i put my videos after i downlaod them..cuz i dont have a file for VIDEO

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29249
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

Stick it in the X:MP_ROOT100MNV01 folder, where X is the letter of your PSP according to your computer.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29251
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Hi. Your probably sick of this by now guys but im a total newb to the PSP (and gadgets in general).

Im sure you will have a short n sweet answer to me questions.

Basically, i want to connect to net using my PSP. How do I do it? Ive gone through randommly with the connection settings and as i expected it just says cannot connect etc.

I have no idea how it works, whether I need to be connected through another connection or what???

It asks for keys but i dunno what they are or where to get them from or whether i have to sign up and pay for a connection and get a key from an ISP for a PSP connection???

Your posts would be appreciated..and remember to go easy; complete newb here :)

Cheers guys

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29502
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Please Help me

I Run windows 98 and when i connect my psp via a usb cable it is not recognised, please can i have a step by step guide on how to fix this problem

Thanks

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29526
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

hitman wrote: Hi. Your probably sick of this by now guys but im a total newb to the PSP (and gadgets in general).

Im sure you will have a short n sweet answer to me questions.

Basically, i want to connect to net using my PSP. How do I do it? Ive gone through randommly with the connection settings and as i expected it just says cannot connect etc.

I have no idea how it works, whether I need to be connected through another connection or what???

It asks for keys but i dunno what they are or where to get them from or whether i have to sign up and pay for a connection and get a key from an ISP for a PSP connection???

Your posts would be appreciated..and remember to go easy; complete newb here :)

Cheers guys
Ok, for your answer, I'll need an answer myself. Do you have a broadband internet account and a wireless router?
Please Help me

I Run windows 98 and when i connect my psp via a usb cable it is not recognised, please can i have a step by step guide on how to fix this problem

Thanks
Windows 98 doesn't have the right drivers that support the PSP. I'm sorry, but I don't have what you need. If you want, you can hit up http://www.thepspnation.com/forums. They will be glad to help you. :)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29568
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Pyr-O

Yes I have BB connex but no wireless router. I was one of those guys that just thought he PSP would connect like magic..sorry.

I understand now that it works the same as any internet connextion and it needs an ISP etc etc.

If I get a wireless router will i be able to use my existing ISP to connect my PSP? Can you recommend a wireless router?

The SSID and WEP keys will be with the ISP and router?

I was wondering; will the connex work anywhere or is it over short distances only?

Thanks again Pyr-O mate

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29643
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

I'm using a Linksys router, it's one we've had for years as we have 3 PCs, so we need to send signal to all of them. A good wireless router should atleast set you back 150 dollars, if I'm not mistaken. I'd go with Linksys, people may have problems with them, but they are the only home routers I've hear working with the PSP.

If you have broadband internet, it will work. As long as your modem has a ethernet cord coming from it((what plugs into your computer, looks like a phone wire only bigger)).

Yes, your network will have a limited distance. Mine reaches almost a house over, so you should be fine ANYWAY on your lot((of course, that's assuming you have a pretty standard sized lot, not some giant peice of land)).

The SSID and WEP are part of the router.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29652
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Pyr-O doesnt it seem pointless to have wireless connection if it only reaches a few metres? I think I may just leave it, there doesnt seem to be a reason to bother...I have my PC for connection....or am I missing something?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29693
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

hitman wrote: Pyr-O doesnt it seem pointless to have wireless connection if it only reaches a few metres? I think I may just leave it, there doesnt seem to be a reason to bother...I have my PC for connection....or am I missing something?
No, it isn't pointless. It's for those that NEED multiple connections, like me. Why would you want your WiFi to reach way out across the city?

1. That would be a bigass antenna.

2. ALOT of people would be stealing your internet.

Every hot spot you go to will have a short distance of WiFi.

Besides, if you plan on playing games online, you'll want that WiFi.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29700
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Pyr-O. I was just wondering why the wirless connection cannot work the way the connection for a PDA, a Laptop with something like Centrino or a mobile phone.

They can get connection anywhere. Why cant it be done for the PSP? Or can it but you just have to find a hot-spot each time?

Sorry again to be so newbie...but im learning and your being a great help, cheers mate.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29715
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

hitman wrote: Pyr-O. I was just wondering why the wirless connection cannot work the way the connection for a PDA, a Laptop with something like Centrino or a mobile phone.

They can get connection anywhere. Why cant it be done for the PSP? Or can it but you just have to find a hot-spot each time?

Sorry again to be so newbie...but im learning and your being a great help, cheers mate.
Mobile phones aren't on a WiFi connection. Since they are phone lines, they use that to connect to the internet. Kind of like dialup. I've never used a PDA, but I know a laptop needs a connection. Wether it's wired or wireless, you can't pull internet out of the air. Same goes for the PSP.

Unless you show me a laptop that pulls internet out of thin air, then I will continue to say, it needs a hotspot. It needs to be around some sort of connection.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29720
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Sure, I appreciate that my friend...i just had no idea how WiFi worked and got confused as people are saying that WiFi connection can only go a few metres from the router. Yet i see people with WiFi laptops all the time connected to the net.

I had no idea it was to do with 'hotspots' and I still dont know how they work...but i guess as long as they work i dont really need to know :P

If my PSP is going to be able to connect to the net no matter where I am then its well worth the trouble of buying a router and setting up WiFi. If the connection is limited to where my router is and thats it, then to me there is no point in having it as my router will be next to my PC.

From what you have said though, I should be able to set up WiFi without any trouble with my existing ISP (ntl) and get on the net no matter where I am. So im looking forward to being able to 'surf' the net on my PSP while doing my 1hr+ commute to work each morning!

Cheers. :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29725
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

What? No no no. I don't recall saying you could connect anywhere. Please don't rush out and buy a router then get mad when you can't connect on the road. If there is a Hot Spot((normally an internet cafe or maybe a Starbucks might have one, and Krystals around here have them)) nearby, you MIGHT be able to get on. But don't expect it to reach the road.

There is more purposes of having a WiFi connection than surfing the net. You can play online games without leaving your house, and you can update your PSP without turning on the PC.

But yes, it should be simple to set up. Ask Red for further help, I know he networks. :thumbsup:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29726
MikeDB

PSP help...

Post by MikeDB »

lol PBT Playstation Boob Tube.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29738
MikeDB

PSP help...

Post by MikeDB »

This is awesome I fiuns my PSP under my homework!

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:30056