PSP help...

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

:unsure: I need help!!! I connected my PSP via USB but i don't get the message of detected hardware. My friends say that the computer already recognized the PSP previously. Is it true? Someone please help me.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:27032
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

You have come to the right place, although, there are other topics you could've used.

Anyways, I don't remember the Found New Hardware in the first place, but yeah. It won't show up anymore if you did get it in the first place. Hook up the USB, and with the PSP on scroll over to USB connection((it's right under Network Update incase you didn't know)). Click X and it should say "USB Connection" on the screen. Now on your computer a new icon should show up down by the clock. For me, it's a memory stick looking thing when I plug in removable storage((PSP, digital camera, iPod, etc.)). When that shows up, you know it's working.

If you don't know what the icon looks like, or it doesn't show up, head over to My Computer and check for a Removable Disk. Mine is F. Depending on all the storage devices you can possibly have, yours might be different.

Hope I helped.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:27033
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

LMFAO!! ur like the PSP master..."all questions regarding the Sony PSP should be directed to pyro orgasm"

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:27491
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

I wouldn't call myself that high. If you want a [s]PSP[/s]Sony Guru I'd have to send you to my good frien Columbian Cartel over at GTAWH.

But yeah, while we are here, I'm probably your best bet for PSP help. B)

Infact, this might make a pretty good "PSP Help" topic. Converted. BAM! :yo:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:27566
MikeDB

PSP help...

Post by MikeDB »

lol i updated" V 1.52 of the PSP updates:D its awesome on how easy it is to re write them.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:27765
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Big mistake there. I made the mistake of upgrading to 1.51. They JUST now((actually about a week ago)) cracked 1.5. Without swapping memory sticks or anything you can play emulators and homebrew stuff on 1.5. Not on 1.51 or 1.52. I'll stick with 1.51 until they crack 1.52.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:27869
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

Or maybe I'll upgrade to 2.00 now!?

I now have the 2.0 firmware. Here she be:

Check out my custom wallpaper((quickly thrown together just for the sake of the PSP wallpaper)).

Here's the official web browser.

t3h Google, Yo!

God the new firmware is awesome! Definetly upgrade from the japanese website! Unless you want to wait for the US release((just do it now, no point in waiting)). This will be the next firmware they crack, I believe.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:28697
Red Squirrel

PSP help...

Post by Red Squirrel »

haha cool.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:28698
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Sup I am having some trouble... :banghead: For 2 days now I have been trying to get my psp to connect to my wireless router. I have tried everything; Although, nothing has worked... I get an error that says "A connection error has occured. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the network and try again." If anyone has had this problem or has any ideas. Thank you.

P.S. I use a linksys and use JP 2.0 if that matters...

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29134
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

how do i get the "2.0"?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29135
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

The Purple Monkey wrote: Sup I am having some trouble... :banghead: For 2 days now I have been trying to get my psp to connect to my wireless router. I have tried everything; Although, nothing has worked... I get an error that says "A connection error has occured. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the network and try again." If anyone has had this problem or has any ideas. Thank you.

P.S. I use a linksys and use JP 2.0 if that matters...
Yes, I've ran into that problem. Normally I try again and it works. Hasn't happend recently. Make sure your router isn't encrypted or password protected or anything. Make sure your PSP connection settings are correct. Usually, using automatic settings work pretty good, but sometimes you need to input things.
how do i get the "2.0"?
Through the Japanese site, as they STILL have not released the NA update((was suppose to come out Monday)).

http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_01.html

Ignoring the warning in the red text. Scroll down and click the button that says Update With Personal Computer. Then scroll down a bit and you should see a button that says "DOWNLOAD". These buttons are in English, oddly enough.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29136
Anonymous

PSP help...

Post by Anonymous »

Every time I attempt to loagin it gives me that error message... I have made my router nonencrypted (or how ever u say that) Its odd though I have played with my settings multiple times...

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29137
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

well then...

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29138
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

well then...how do i google stuff if i dont have a keyboard connected to my psp?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29139
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

problem: it says my computer doesnt know what to open the file with so what do i use?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29140
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

aznsamaritan wrote: well then...how do i google stuff if i dont have a keyboard connected to my psp?
Move the cursor over the text input feild and click X. The keyboard will appear on-screen.
problem: it says my computer doesnt know what to open the file with so what do i use?
Open WHAT file?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29141
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

err eboot? i downloaded a file from the japanese sony website called eboot..

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29142
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

aznsamaritan wrote: err eboot? i downloaded a file from the japanese sony website called eboot..
This web page explains how to update your PSP: Disregard the fact that it says 1.52, it'll work with 2.0

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP.aspx?id=...ate/pc_152.html

Just save the eboot file you got from the Japan PSP site into the Update folder on your Memory Stick.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29144
Pyr-O-Rgasm

PSP help...

Post by Pyr-O-Rgasm »

sintekk wrote:
aznsamaritan wrote: err eboot? i downloaded a file from the japanese sony website called eboot..
This web page explains how to update your PSP: Disregard the fact that it says 1.52, it'll work with 2.0

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP.aspx?id=...ate/pc_152.html

Just save the eboot file you got from the Japan PSP site into the Update folder on your Memory Stick.
Yeah, In the GAME folder, make a folder called UPDATE and put the EBOOT.PBP in there. Make sure you have atleast 50% power and the power cord is plugged in and run the update.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29145
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

k thanks

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29158
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

um whenever i try to start up the browser and go to a website it says my ip address thing is timed out. so im really confused right now...and i dont know how to set up the ip, dns, and all the other things

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29175
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

aznsamaritan wrote: um whenever i try to start up the browser and go to a website it says my ip address thing is timed out. so im really confused right now...and i dont know how to set up the ip, dns, and all the other things
If you don't know how to set up that stuff, then this will be fairly difficult. For starters, check the manual first:
http://www.playstation.com/manual/pdf/PSP-1001K_1.pdf

Look under Settings and Network Settings in the Manual Chapter listing. I don't know anything about your wireless router so it's hard to go into any more detail.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29176
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

o dear lord...um -idk if it helps- my router is a netgear mr814v2.. it says on a sticky note stuck onto the router:

192.168.0.0 NETGEAR
admin/ycliu

Key: 26bbfcaee7

on the back of the router some1 wrote super106.........i guess ill read the manual

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29177
aznsamaritan

PSP help...

Post by aznsamaritan »

:grade11math: :grade11math: :grade11math: new problem...i was on my laptop trying to figure it out like a noob...i went to the start menu pressed connect to. then chose show all connections; went to my wireless connection>support>details. i typed in all the stuff..(idk if i was suppose to do that >.<) then i got on my psp tried to go to google; ALMOST WORKED!, but it said Communication with the server failed. A DNS error has occured. (8041040F)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29178
sintekk

PSP help...

Post by sintekk »

I googled that up and got this thread:
http://www.psp411.com/forum/3537/1/57073/H...Connection.html

Looks like, based on the sticky note, you have WEP going?
See if you can find someone knowledgeable about these things and try seeing if disabling WEP on your router gives you PSP access.

See if anything here works too:
http://forums.purepsp.com/viewtopic.php?t=285

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3334, old post ID:29179