LOL

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

LOL

Post by Red Squirrel »

I'm doing this pointless grade 10 work that was assigned(I'm in grade 12..)

We have to find homonyms (words that sound the same)

One of the sentance goes like this, I need to find a word that sounds the same as cash:

I don't have enough cash to buy more _______ for my computer!

I bet the right answer is cache.... clueless people LOL. I never knew you could buy cache for your computer. :roflmao2: What they really meant was ram. :lol2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2111, old post ID:18015
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Chris Vogel

LOL

Post by Chris Vogel »

:lol:

It's neat that they threw it in there though. I'm surprised. Why do people never talk about heteronyms? I never remember having to learn that in class...

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2111, old post ID:18017
Red Squirrel

LOL

Post by Red Squirrel »

They should have a section for leet speak. That would be so cool. :D I guess it could go in "informal speak" :lol: I'll have to try that next time when I need to convert a sentance to non formal.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2111, old post ID:18018
ladytech

LOL

Post by ladytech »

At one time you could by additional cache memory for a pc and install it directly into sockets on the motherboard. It also came in sticks similar to a ram chip and was called COAST (cache on a stick) this was an option still available until about 6 yrs ago. I think the last motherboard I saw with the option to add cache chips was a Pentium 266mhz board. This info is worth remembering especially if anyone intends to write their A+ cert as it is a possible question on the exam.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2111, old post ID:18033
Red Squirrel

LOL

Post by Red Squirrel »

Ah, I never knew that. I tought what they were refering to was ram, as in temporarly memory. These school books are pretty old so that's probably why it's in there.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2111, old post ID:18035
L33T B0T

LOL

Post by L33T B0T »

Ah, I never knew that.  I tought what they were refering to was ram, as in temporarly memory.  These school books are pretty old so that's probably why it's in there.
So you understand. Good. So I taught you something new. o you mind if I tell other people:
Undefined said Undefined tought what they were refering to was ram as in temporarly memory. Which ones? :(

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:2111, old post ID:18036
L33T B0T
Serving the community since Undefined