RIAA Hit Lists

Discuss or show off various digital art creations including photos
manadren_it

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by manadren_it »

link

RIAA Hit List

The subpoenas are flying, and we're naming names. Are you on the list?
Watch today at 8 p.m. and tomorrow at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern.
By Tech Live staff

The recording industry has launched a sweeping effort to identify and shut down individual song swappers, making good on recent threats to expand its legal battle against copyright theft.

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has now issued more than 911 subpoenas to Internet service providers across the United States, trying to get the names of people still offering music on file-sharing networks such as KaZaA and Grokster.

Today, "Tech Live" brings you the RIAA Hit List, the user names of file traders targeted in the recording industry subpoenas.

Last month, we brought you the story of Jesse Jordan, a 19-year-old college student who became one of the first to be hit with a lawsuit by the RIAA. Jordan settled his case by paying $12,000 to the RIAA.

The following user names were culled from subpoenas filed with the US District Court in Washington, DC. All subpoenas, incidentally, are being served by the Los Angeles law firm of Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp. A total of 253 RIAA subpoenas were listed as of July 22 through the federal court system's paid online database, PACER. The actual subpoenas are available to view online in about half the cases.

The court documents don't show individual users' real names. They do show file-sharing network user names, the user's ISP, the user's IP address, and a sampling of copyright songs the user allegedly made available for download. To date, many ISPs have been contacted, including Pac Bell Internet, SBC, Charter Communications, Comcast, Adelphia, RCN, and Time Warner.

Following is a list of the first user names from our review of the subpoenas.

* Aab@Kazaa
* Aboggs2@Kazaa
* allstatetide@Kazaa
* Amissann2@Kazaa
* AngelaMikesell@Kazaa
* anon39023@Kazaa
* anthonybotz@Kazaa
* aoster1@Kazaa
* Ariel167@fileshare
* asheejojo@Kazaa
* Ashley@Grokster
* azn_bahamut@Kazaa
* B.B.C@Kazaa
* badandy@Kazaa
* Benchy987@Kazaa
* Bigeasssy24@Kazaa
* Bigpimpinitopey187@Kazaa
* bigjohnhc@Kazaa
* blazel@Kazaa
* bluemonkey13@Kazaa
* Boilermaker1214@Kazaa
* brentandjonna@Kazaa
* brich410@Kazaa
* budman5000@Kazaa
* Bush323@Kazaa
* cado@Kazaa
* Carolyn@fileshare
* Casal@Kazaa
* cbegalle@Kazaa
* cherriie@Kazaa
* CLOVER77@Kazaa
* Corky101@Kazaa
* Cortez1023@Kazaa
* CowgirlMDR@Kazaa
* crazyface@Kazaa
* d-dubb@Grokster
* dallass@Kazaa
* daredevil@Kazaa
* DEFAINCE357@Kazaa
* definitely_ditzy@Kazaa
* dimples0530@Kazaa
* dmadigan@Kazaa
* dotzbadger@Kazaa
* dubcha@Kazaa
* dulfingurl2@Kazaa
* Dyellagurl22@Kazaa
* Dziion@Kazaa
* eddieh@Kazaa
* emmi4@Kazaa
* enbbarnes@Kazaa
* ERIKA@Kazaa
* felicia_alvarado@Kazaa
* flowerpower0818@fileshare
* fox3j@Kazaa
* freckles72587@Kazaa
* fritzbuilding@Kazaa
* Generalby@Kazaa
* Ghettobootybabe8@Kazaa
* h2ochamp@kazaa
* harris@Kazaa
* heather_thee_amazing@Kazaa
* hoami316@Kazaa
* hooterzzz@Kazaa
* hottdude0587@Kazaa
* HyDang@Kazaa
* ilovemydez@Kazaa
* indepunk74@Kazaa
* inthisroom@Kazaa
* jamonie@Kazaa
* JE_WV@Kazaa
* Jeff@Kazaa
* Jessica@Kazaa
* jim@Kazaa
* joanjett@Kazaa
* joe@Kazaa
* jomada@Kazaa
* JustineRiot@Kazaa
* kelney12@Kazaa
* kenne007@Kazaa
* KrAyZiE@Kazaa
* ktgurl13@Grokster
* kunstrukter@Kazaa
* ladypimp8669@Kazaa
* laurelbean@Kazaa
* leahpate@Kazaa
* LiLHuNnIe1480@Kazaa
* Lisweet@Kazaa
* Lyssy348@Kazaa
* madkirk@fileshare
* Marge4131@Kazaa
* Marla262@Kazaa
* mgokey@Kazaa
* mike@Kazaa
* Motivator@Kazaa
* munkeyspanker21@Kazaa
* nikki@Kazaa
* Niltiak@Kazaa
* Nodopefor2@Kazaa
* paulina@Kazaa
* pdia@Kazaa
* PDJ1846@Kazaa
* Playgirlmama@Kazaa
* Prtythug23@Kazaa
* qjade512@Kazaa
* rebecca_m_122@Kazaa
* rips42@Kazaa
* rochelle@Kazaa
* RockOn182@Kazaa
* samlionofzino@Kazaa
* shakobe@Kazaa
* shonga84@Kazaa
* sk8boyben@Kazaa
* sneil@Kazaa
* soccerdog@Kazaa
* StolenSi@Kazaa
* sus@Kazaa
* Sweet3114@Kazaa
* sweetthang1421@Kazaa
* TheLastReal7@Kazaa
* TMONEYNDHIZOUSE@kazaa
* Tyler@Kazaa
* Unit984@Kazaa
* Westly_NoGood@Kazaa
* www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:9906
mana's blog {1, 2} yell at me when I get lazy
Wren

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Wren »

Not a problem for me as I've never d'loaded any music. :angelic:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:9908
Red Squirrel

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Red Squirrel »

Few! No defaultuser@kazaa. :lol: That's what I use. :D I don't share though, I wish I could, but I can't because kazaa does not let me specify the IP, it just specifies my LAN IP so people can't connect to me. I'm safe from the riaa, but I still like to do my share. ;) I won't let the riaa get me down. I would totally refuse to pay that sum of money and get a few lawyers, and at the same time sue the riaa for their idioticness (is that a word?). What they are doing is stealing money because they want money. It's just not right.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:9912
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
megaspaz

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by megaspaz »

well, the riaa isn't going after the real downloaders either. they're starting subpoena parents, grandparents or anyone who actually pays the isp bills. :thumbsdown:

i guess the upside to this is for the kids who want to get even with their folks or guardians for getting spanked. :rolleyes:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:9995
Resistance is futile...

Registered Linux User #321628
Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get s**tty ideas from..." - Woyaya - January 10, 2004
Red Squirrel

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Red Squirrel »

lol

Yeah and if the kazaa community gets together to plan something like exchanging usernames hourly and stuff, it would confuse the riaa so much.

"hey, this user is listed in our database, and he has 42 different IP ranges around the world!"

good luck riaa. :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:9997
rovingcowboy

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by rovingcowboy »

megaspaz if they got spanked then they more then likely needed it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10000
roving cowboy/ keith
megaspaz

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by megaspaz »

rovingcowboy wrote: megaspaz if they got spanked then they more then likely needed it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:
oh i agree. and if they're sharing files in order to get mum and da sued, then i think something more than a spanking is in order. ;)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10035
Resistance is futile...

Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where you get s**tty ideas from..." - Woyaya - January 10, 2004
megaspaz

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by megaspaz »

Red Squirrel wrote: lol

Yeah and if the kazaa community gets together to plan something like exchanging usernames hourly and stuff, it would confuse the riaa so much.

"hey, this user is listed in our database, and he has 42 different IP ranges around the world!"

good luck riaa. :lol:
that wouldn't confuse anyone. the riaa gets the username and ip address, they go to the isp to get the user information from the ip addy. the username doesn't even enter into the equation until it's subpoena time or until it gets posted on some site like /.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10036
Resistance is futile...

Anime/Toon Avatars
Other Cool Forums

weirdojb

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by weirdojb »

I'm not on there, phew! I think they're only targeting the US though, aren't they?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10057
Once an idiot, always an idiot...
Carpet Rodent

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Carpet Rodent »

I wonder if the music industry realises that if you keep the costs of CD's down, more people will buy them than resort to file-sharing!

I can remember even Microsoft turning out a suite of programs (the one at the time included Microsoft Assembler, so yes it goes back a long way!), and the cost of buying the diskettes, photocopying the manuals etc cost MORE than buying the legit product from a shop!

A CD here is horrifically expensive now, whether it's an oldie or a new release. What sort of prices are charge around the US, Canada, UK etc? Here they're upwards of $20,000 which is out of most people's reach.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10062
Some people look upon me as an institution, and there are a few who think I should be in one! Image

Help fight cancer
Chris Vogel

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Chris Vogel »

Carpet Rodent wrote: What sort of prices are charge around the US, Canada, UK etc? Here they're upwards of $20,000 which is out of most people's reach.
The lowest I expect to pay is about US$12 and the highest is about US$18 for one CD. :unsure: Although, I have seen a few higher. :blink:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10064
Red Squirrel

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Red Squirrel »

Carpet Rodent wrote: I wonder if the music industry realises that if you keep the costs of CD's down, more people will buy them than resort to file-sharing!

I can remember even Microsoft turning out a suite of programs (the one at the time included Microsoft Assembler, so yes it goes back a long way!), and the cost of buying the diskettes, photocopying the manuals etc cost MORE than buying the legit product from a shop!

A CD here is horrifically expensive now, whether it's an oldie or a new release. What sort of prices are charge around the US, Canada, UK etc? Here they're upwards of $20,000 which is out of most people's reach.
20,000 is that a comma as in decimal space, or thousand space? If that's 20 gran, holly crap! You can get T1 for over a year for that price! In fact, you could probably get something higher, as T1 is not 1000 bucks everywhere, I heard some places it's as low as 300/mo.

But yeah, it's crazy how expensive CDs are, wether it's music or software. Software is rediculously expensive. Anywere past 60 for me is too much, unless it's an OS, maybe 200 max. But $600 for MS Office XP?! give me a break! I bet it does not cost anywhere near $10 per CD. Consider the manufacturing, paying the people who programmed it etc, I'm sure since they make so much CDs, probably in the billions, it probably does not cost more than 10 bucks per CD. So they could charge 30 bucks and make 20 bucks of profit per cd, and the rest would go towards paying the making, waiges etc. Not to mention that M$ has more than software to make money off of, such as online services and stuff.

AutoCAD 2000 is ~6,000 bucks, no comments. It's just insane how software is so expensive. You can probably do a downpayment for a new house with that ammount. Well a car for sure.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10067
manadren_it

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by manadren_it »

I think part of the reason the RIAA is attacking filesharing so heavily is because it could potentially make them obsolete. Lets face it, te RIAA pretty much has a monopoly over the music cd business, and it's becuase of that they can charge such hideous prices and direct the course of popular music while simultainiously screwing artists out of the royalties they deserve. Now if a distribution model became available where artists could actually make money off their releases, or bypass the marketing machine to allow fans to decide what artists get the spotlight, what reason would they have to stay with the RIAA?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10075
mana's blog {1, 2} yell at me when I get lazy
Chris Vogel

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Chris Vogel »

20,000 is that a comma as in decimal space, or thousand space? If that's 20 gran, holly crap!
I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10131
Red Squirrel

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by Red Squirrel »

manadren wrote: Now if a distribution model became available where artists could actually make money off their releases, or bypass the marketing machine to allow fans to decide what artists get the spotlight, what reason would they have to stay with the RIAA?
Yep, exactly. And I'm sure most artists would rather have people download their music. At least if was in a band and that we worked hard on an album, I'd want everyone to hear it. The real money made is concerts. And people are willing to pay those high prices just like they are to go to a hockey game. It's sad how the riaa has the power to take over the industry like that and control how it works. I always thought the riaa was for the good of the artists but after reading up a bit on them I realized that's false. The artists probably hate the riaa as much as the fans do.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10145
rovingcowboy

RIAA Hit Lists

Post by rovingcowboy »

:warezrulez:
arh. thar matey i aint got no need for that worrie on cost. i make my own arh. :warezrulez:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:1124, old post ID:10155
roving cowboy/ keith