The official spam thread

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

For the day? Usually around 2:45 (co-op/ town bus etc) but regular school finishes at 2:30.

As for the summer, it will be in june, I think the third week or something like that. I only have one exam. :banana: A french one, so it's not like I can fail that if I do it. :)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6534
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Well I'm going to bed, see you later Wren. ;)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6535
Wren

The official spam thread

Post by Wren »

Why do you not get out for the summer 'till mid June? Is it because of all the bad weather. Here, if they have too many snow days, it has to be made up at the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6536
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Nope, that's normal time to get off, unfortunatly. It's usually later, though, usually the last week. The 25 is usually the last day, but this year earlyer.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6537
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Today is......

the start of.........

SUMMER VACATION! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6549
Wren

The official spam thread

Post by Wren »

:the wave: :dancing dude: :dancing dude2:

Good news!

Anything special planned for the summer? :yo banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6550
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Of course... I have NOTHING planned for the summer! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

I might actually work out a little! :bsod: :eek: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: I have the body of a typical geek! :banghead: :cry: Not overweight, but not with much muscle. :unsure:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6553
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Good for you tak! Enjoy yourself!

I have to get a job, so it won't be any different than school. I sort of hope I don't get it, that way I can say I tried to get one, but at the same time I'll be able to enjoy my summer and go at the camp. But I do need money for college though. Building this computer made me broke. :lol: And yet I still wish I had another high end PC as local network server. :P

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6554
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

takahita_tsukino wrote: I have the body of a typical geek! :banghead:  :cry: Not overweight, but not with much muscle. :unsure:
Same here, I can't get bigger, even if I eat very unhealthy like chips every day and stuff. I try everything just to gain weight and I can't! I started working out not too long ago, but it's hard to make it part of a routine, I keep forgetting to actually do it. :P

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6555
Wren

The official spam thread

Post by Wren »

tak, just go build up those muscles and surprise everyone when schools starts again! :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6556
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Red Squirrel wrote:
takahita_tsukino wrote: I have the body of a typical geek! :banghead:  :cry: Not overweight, but not with much muscle. :unsure:
Same here, I can't get bigger, even if I eat very unhealthy like chips every day and stuff. I try everything just to gain weight and I can't! I started working out not too long ago, but it's hard to make it part of a routine, I keep forgetting to actually do it. :P
I can't gain any weight. As a matter of fact, I am LOSING weight! :grade11math: :banghead: :unsure:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6557
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Wren wrote: tak, just go build up those muscles and surprise everyone when schools starts again! :lol:
Yeah! :roflmao2: :roflmao2: That would be great, but I don't think that is what will happen! :unsure: :blink: I will probably stay in front of my computer! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6558
Wren

The official spam thread

Post by Wren »

Red, maybe you will get some customers, now that you have your business. You might put a sign in your yard if you are allowed to. :) Give out your business cards at school might help also.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6559
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Wren wrote: Red, maybe you will get some customers, now that you have your business. You might put a sign in your yard if you are allowed to.  :) Give out your business cards at school might help also.
Yeah. B) :banana: :banana:
Handing out cards at your school may be a great idea. I don't know about your school, but my school is filled with people that are so technologically-ignorant that you would swear they were from the 14 century. :unsure: :roflmao2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6560
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yep, hopefully by summer I'll make close to as much money as a job so I can tell my mom I'll concentrate on my business instead of getting a job. :)

I added my business in the business directory of my city, so hopefully that will help. It was free, and it was added under web design and under computer consulting. Gee, and I'd pay 60 bucks a month to have it once in the phone book! Of course, I'd also get a business line for that price. Something to consider once I make lot of money. :)
Later on I'd like to get into hosting, I'd get a few dedicated servers and I'd also try to work on getting an OC192 ($500 000/month, not bad at all) so I can PROVIDE dedicated servers! Basicly, turn the house into a data centre. Of course, if you do the math, it would cost me 6 million a year for that. This won't happen any time soon.... :)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6561
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Of course, if you do the math, it would cost me 6 million a year for that.
:bsod: I hope we aren't talking in Canadian Dollars! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6562
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

takahita_tsukino wrote:
Wren wrote: Red, maybe you will get some customers, now that you have your business. You might put a sign in your yard if you are allowed to.  :) Give out your business cards at school might help also.
Yeah. B) :banana: :banana:
Handing out cards out your school may be a great idea. I don't know about your school, but my school is filled with people that are so technologically-ignorant that you would swear they were from the 14 century. :unsure: :roflmao2:
My school is like that too. I'm probably the only one that knows what things like php, C++, server etc... mean. :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

Sometimes when the school server goes down, they announce it and everyone is confused "what are they talking about?" :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

I don't see people much because of my weird schedule but maybe I can ask if I can leave my cards at the central office and anyone can take some.

I really want to get UD at school as well, but since it's the end of the year there's no use, I'll wait till next year.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6563
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Oh yeah... You'll be a senior, right? :)

Have any plans for college? I have pretty much planned out my whole life already! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6564
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

takahita_tsukino wrote:
Of course, if you do the math, it would cost me 6 million a year for that.
:bsod: I hope we aren't talking in Canadian Dollars! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:
Probably US, so that would be 12 million for me. :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

Well put it this way, the main internet pipline that goes accross the country is an OC45. :roflmao2:

Seriously though, all I would need for a decent connection would be a T3, then a OC3. A T3 is probably a decent price I could later on afford in my life. A T1 is 1 gran/month, a T3 is 28 times faster than a T1, so let's just say 28 gran a month. Some people MAKE that a YEAR. :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6565
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

takahita_tsukino wrote: Have any plans for college? I have pretty much planned out my whole life already! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:
I think I'll be going to a college that is local to here, probably for a Tech in the IT industry. I'd like to work for a contract company or something like that, basicly I'd work in an office and fix people's computers, like at a call centre, isp etc...

From there I might want to do something bigger, but I want to start with that. I'll most likely still have my business then as well, so I'll sort of do both. If my business get's very successfull to the point where it's it's a steady cash flow enough to live, I'll simply have my business. :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6566
Wren

The official spam thread

Post by Wren »

If you have a mall or shopping center, you might try discreetly leaving your cards on cars. ;)

That's not supposed to be done here in a lot of places, but people do it anyway. :lol:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6567
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

A local college? You don't want to get away from your parents? :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

That is what I want to do. I want to go to college in Britain, but I would settle for something in the Northeast or the West Coast! :banana: :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6568
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

I'd like to leave from my parants, but I don't want to live in some crappy residence where you need to share showers and stuff. I like having my own house. I can always get an apartement though, but it's expensive, and I probably don't have enough money in my bank to pay for one month, right now. :roflmao2:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6569
Chris Vogel

The official spam thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

I wouldn't want to share showers and stuff. I am too insecure! :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

I don't know how I will manage, but I MUST live independently when I start college. B) I want to leave my previous life behind and be a new person. B) :banana: :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6570
Red Squirrel

The official spam thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wren wrote: If you have a mall or shopping center, you might try discreetly leaving your cards on cars. ;)

That's not supposed to be done here in a lot of places, but people do it anyway. :lol:
That sounds like a great idea... :roflmao2: :banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:578, old post ID:6571