Is Google Your Friend?

Firewalls, routers, servers, switches, SANs, PBXes, security and related topics
Red Squirrel

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by Red Squirrel »

http://www.google-watch.org/bigbro.html :eek:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:1730
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
wldkos

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by wldkos »

was that real? I enjoy google, especially over yahoo since it doesn't work anymore.

I especially enjoy http://google.com/linux :nonazi: :jamming: :yo banana:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:1743
Red Squirrel

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by Red Squirrel »

I like google too, it's pretty much the only search engine I use. I like the fact that it puts the keywords in the search bar. That way I know how people get to my site. :P Some people type "autoCAD warez download" and my site is not far down, kinda strange but that's a good thing. :) It's a popular keyword.

That picture is cool, feel free to hotlink it for the Anything forum's thread on the buddy christ thread. This ain't tripod. :P

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:1744
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
wldkos

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by wldkos »

thanks red, although I have no idea what is up with tripod. The hotlinked images work for me, and then today at school, i get a "hosted by tripod" image. IS there such a thing as a free host that supports hotlinking? Damn :censored:. They giv eyou 20 mb as well, which is super nice.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:1746
katinamarie72

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by katinamarie72 »

I like Google and us it all the time........ :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3704
Play Free Puzzle, Word & Card Games
Chat, Make friends, win prizes!
Pogo.com

The Chateau

New & Improved --> My Link Page Image
jamezua

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by jamezua »

:bsod: Wooooot ? Thanks for the info , anyway I
use always Copernic Agent , wise guy ... B)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3729
manadren_it

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by manadren_it »

By the sound of that article it almost seems liek google is a large internet corporation! ... .... .... which they are. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that was true, and I also wouldn't be surprised if there were countless other large corporations doing the same or worse. Google is a business, in a business world where people don't care who or what they step on, all they care about is the price of their stock.

I'll still use google, sure I'll never install their little toolbar, but I wasn't going to do that anyway. Google is the best at what they do, and I would think it was thier successthat put them in this situation, as a company grows, you have more people to worry about, people with lots of money and the power to destroy you, and all they want is more money. I'm sure google wouldn't be dong such things if it hadn't become so popular.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3737
mana's blog {1, 2} yell at me when I get lazy
rovingcowboy

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by rovingcowboy »

6.   Google's toolbar is spyware:
With the advanced features enabled, Google's free toolbar for Explorer phones home with every page you surf. Yes, it reads your cookie too, and sends along the last search terms you used in the toolbar. Their privacy policy confesses this, but that's only because Alexa lost a class-action lawsuit when their toolbar did the same thing, and their privacy policy failed to explain this. Worse yet, Google's toolbar updates to new versions quietly, and without asking. This means that if you have the toolbar installed, Google essentially has complete access to your hard disk every time you phone home. Most software vendors, and even Microsoft, ask if you'd like an updated version. But not Google
that is a qoute from that long artical.

it is well known that this is in fact a false report. now it is one to do an automatic update it does not scann your hard drive as said above.
it is also not the same kind of toolbar cookie as alexa was.
this google cookie is as it says it is just a ranking one.

i have the same type of rankingware on my site.
you just have to send the information i am asking for your self by clicking on a button, it is to send it automaticly but i have never got it to do that.

it is just a simple javascript. go to my table of contents page and it is on the bottom of the page. this is ranking ware, which is what google claims to be.

and since this one item is being miss represented on this artical site then i cant take the rest of the artical as truthful either.

just remember this and you will never be surprised.

remember 50% of what you read, 50% of what you hear 50% of what you see in photos or tv, or movies, and 100% of the bible. and you will never be caught off guard.
:D B) :)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3739
roving cowboy/ keith
rovingcowboy

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by rovingcowboy »

just to for your info. :o

i just got kicked so hard by spyware it caused me to have to get offline and then run ad aware to get back on. :angry: :banghead:

i run ad aware before i do anything on this computer because it runs at start up. B)

so there was no spy ware on my system. but after i went to the artical to read it i had 13 spy ware files on my computer.?? :blink:

so where is the bigger spy?? :bsod:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3740
roving cowboy/ keith
Wren

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by Wren »

Guess I better run Ad-aware too. :rolleyes:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3799
Wren

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by Wren »

I ran Ad-aware after reading that article and found nothing. I didn't go to any of the links in the article.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:3829
rovingcowboy

Is Google Your Friend?

Post by rovingcowboy »

:lol: :unsure: :banghead:

maybe i should not have gone to any of them???

:cry: :banghead:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:350, old post ID:5181
roving cowboy/ keith