Anandtech on the ropes

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
drmrlordx

Anandtech on the ropes

Post by drmrlordx »

Just posting a sister thread to the one on the Anandtech forums:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/go ... h.2621714/

I've suggested (yet again) that people consider moving to this forum in the event that the Anandtech forums are shut down. For now that doesn't seem likely.
Red Squirrel

Re: Anandtech on the ropes

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah this would probably be the a stable place as I have no intention of ending it. I have posts going back to the early 2000's on here. The forum itself is a relaunch and is fairly new, but the data itself is still old and has survived decades. It doesn't really cost me that much to keep it going.

At some point I might do ads, but I don't want to put the spyware crap like Adsense etc, I'd probably just do direct ad sales and it would all be self hosted and self contained.
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
highland145

Post by highland145 »

sup, Homies?
drmrlordx

Post by drmrlordx »

It's good to know this forum could stick around for awhile unimpeded. We'll just have to watch the AT forums and see how things shake out there.

Also, sup homez.
Red Squirrel

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah I don't really have any plans to shut this place down even though it's dead. I still need to send a mass email to all the old timers to see if some may come back just have not gotten around to it yet. The forum has actually been going on since early 2000 under different names. Only recently did I recombine all the data. This is basically 4 forums merged into one. 2 of those being Iceteks.com and anythingforums.com which go back to like 2002ish. The other 2 were newer, uovalor.com my now defunct game server and uogateway.com a still active top site list.

If by chance everyone did come here I'm pretty sure the current setup could handle it fine.
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!