a little boring thread

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

i live in florida, where do u guys live? it is really hot down here!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57475
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

a little boring thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

I live in Timmins, it's been hot this year up here as well. Some days are nearly above freezing level. :o

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57476
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Chris Vogel

a little boring thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, United States (I’m from here too.)

I went to Fort Walton Beach when I was little, flowergirlajg. It was nice! (My only other time seeing the ocean was in Massachusetts. It was nice in a different way.)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57480
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

ha ha ha up here it has been in the upper 90's! ha! I have not seen snow since my birth! Ur lucky never been to timmins, i bet its nice

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57481
[insert signature here ]
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

Chris Vogel wrote: Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, United States (I’m from here too.)

I went to Fort Walton Beach when I was little, flowergirlajg. It was nice! (My only other time seeing the ocean was in Massachusetts. It was nice in a different way.)
oh wow... I have been there yes the ocean is pretty, yet i know it so well i could drive the boat with my eyes closed! Tennesee is the preetiest place i have ever been, I went to gatlinburg, have you ever been there? I rode the skylift, it was nice. I have always wanted to play in snow before.. is it soft or hard? I have sen pictures of melting snow, it looks so old and tired! :-) tell me about snow ill tell u about the sea!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57482
[insert signature here ]
Chris Vogel

a little boring thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

flowergirlajg wrote: Tennesee is the preetiest place i have ever been
Tennessee is pretty, especially East Tennessee. The hot temperatures and politics ruin it though.
flowergirlajg wrote: I went to gatlinburg, have you ever been there? I rode the skylift, it was nice.
Yes, many years ago.
flowergirlajg wrote: I have always wanted to play in snow before.. is it soft or hard?
It is soft unless you compact it. We actually don’t get much snow in Middle Tennessee. Red’s probably the snow expert here.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57488
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

The ocean.
I have been to the bermuda triangle, and yes we gained water but ,ade it to shore wet but safe. (thgats whty i hate boats) It is very pretty, and especially on the little keys, watching the sunset. I have a boat, it is around 15 feet long and it has two yamaha motors. On oe of the keys there is a restraunt where people write their names on money and tape them to the wall,and when they need money the go there to pick it up! The floor, walls, celing, and bars are totally covered with bills! I went there for my birthday and bought my first shirley temple. On key west you can see sting rays, whales, dolphins, sharks, octupusees, coral, pufferfish, and many fish. I have a fishing sport called "the toilet" on our boat navigator, it is basically an old toilet, and fish live in it. I snorkle, and see nurse sharks. My dad sometimes flies me above the ocean and scares me to death. I livce on a lake with 5 alligators, and usually they are sluggish. Anyway, i have been to most of the keys. There are mangrove islands (that's what we call them) a mangrove island is an island made of underwater trees on a shallow spot. I have been to the great barrier reef in Aussie, i LOVE the jellyfish!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57489
[insert signature here ]
Red Squirrel

a little boring thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

There's many types of snow. I will go through them, though these are probably not "official" classification (if there even is any :P)

Wet snow: Wet yucky snow, thats what you get when its hot out, but not hot enough for it to be rain or freezing rain. So maybe like -5ish degrees, at which point it starts melting. What's nice about this snow is the ability for it to stick, making it possible for snowball fights and snowmans.

Regular snow: This usually falls when it's -10 to -15. This snow is soft and very powdery, very easy to shovel. Has a similar consistency as saw dust but thinner. When compacted by snow plows and other machinery can become very hard. Other less industrial processes can also make it hard, and for excellent fort building material when its not hot enough for the wet snow. A known fort building method involves shoveling a large pile and packing it good with shovels, leaving it settle overnight, and if done properly, will be hard enough and you can dig through it to build an igloo. I've done this as a kid, great fun, and if solid enough, you can go on top, and build on, making a tunnel system.

Blowing snow: This snow is very similar to the above, except the force at which it falls on the ground, and gets blown around, makes for very unusual patterns creating air dynamic hills. There is usually a harder layer that can be about 1 inch thick, but can still be easily broken. In the end, its pretty much the same snow as above.

Bottom snow: This, at least its what I called it as a kid, is snow that tends to be at the way bottom when you dig deep enough and hit the natural ground. It's sort of like very tiny ice balls, and not very good to work with in general.

Yellow snow: This is an acidic version of any of the other types of snow. Normally avoided, but can be used for nice igloo deco if layed out artistically.

Brown snow - Type A: Usually gathered from snow banks or the streets, not very nice and contains lot of sand, and possibly salt. To be avoided when building stuff.

Brown snow - Type B: rarer then type A, but should be avoided at all cost. Often found with yellow snow.

Rock packed snow: Normally found on streets that are used a lot, but not salted. It becomes very packed and in some cases can be used for sliding. Normally safe for cars if proper tires are used. At some point the snow plow may pass and scrape it off to expose the pavement, this creates a ton of pieces resembling drywall and about the same thickness, but much stronger.

Thats it for today's lesson on snow, have fun and remember kids, avoid the brown and yellow snow! :dance:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57502
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

lol cool

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57505
[insert signature here ]
Reaper

a little boring thread

Post by Reaper »

There's also the snow called slush round here. And everywhere that cars drive regularly, it piles up on the sides of roads. . .you all should know it. . .

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57506
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

ha thats weird is it like brown snow A?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57535
[insert signature here ]
Reaper

a little boring thread

Post by Reaper »

Oh that's right you've NEVER SEEN SNOW. It's sometimes black and not really frozen, kinda wet. . .dirty. . .side of road. . .bad for snow ball fights. . .

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57536
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Red Squirrel

a little boring thread

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yeah forgot about slush, has to be hot, or spring for that, but yeah it's almost like a cross between snow and ice, but more like wet snow. but so wet, that its not really snow.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57543
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

ha thats cool maybe ill go to a collge where it b snowin

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:57590
[insert signature here ]
Chrozinc

a little boring thread

Post by Chrozinc »

hot springs national park arkansas. that's right i'm an arkansan. get over it. nothing to do here but cruise, go to the mall, go to a movie, or bowl. lol. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:59126
Chris Vogel

a little boring thread

Post by Chris Vogel »

Chrozinc wrote: nothing to do here but cruise, go to the mall, go to a movie, or bowl.  lol.  :P
It’s like that here, but the closest thing we have to a mall is Wal-Mart.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:59129
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

lol, in bradonton there are tons of malls, JC penny, uh... one with a g, and tons others!! I live in braden woods, but it sucks cause i allergic to pollen!! :P I mentioned my alligators erliar, they are NOT sluggish right now!! :D Fun because you see them eating fish sometimes.... ahhhh....

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:59203
[insert signature here ]
gangster_from_malone

a little boring thread

Post by gangster_from_malone »

I live in Malone New york......so small its prolly not on hte map...wanna talk about snow? Live here.....it snows all the freakin time!!!!!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:59222
Never say I love you, if you really don't care
Never talk about feelings if they really aren't there
Never hold my hand, if your gonna break my heart
Never say your going to... if you never plan to start
If all you do is lie....Never say hi...If you really mean goodbye
If you really mean forever
Then please say you'll try
Never say FOREVER
Cuz FOREVER made me cry
flowergirlajg

a little boring thread

Post by flowergirlajg »

lol, i wish i could move, but my dad has the best job hee has ever had here in florida, and I suspect we won't be leaving for 20 years or so.
:-p
He works at cisco, have you seen any of the commercials?
The Human Network!
Yay! We're tryin to get one of those big TV'S where you can communicate with people elswhare, there giving us a deal because dad's been working there overtime lately!!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3109, old post ID:59263
[insert signature here ]