Sound Recorder

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Stasi

Sound Recorder

Post by Stasi »

Stasi wrote: I've given up 'troubleshooting' computer problems in forums.  I need to sit at the thing, curse a bunch, and figure it out after a while.
This is the thread where I decided I wasn't going to bother making serious suggestions and seems to have been around the time people were making repeat suggestions just to bug you.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55733
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

If you don't have a serious suggestion then don't post at all.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55735
Stasi

Sound Recorder

Post by Stasi »

If you have a computer problem, post it in the correct subforum. The 'Anything Goes' forum is traditionally light-hearted and most topics go OT. More serious discussion about whatever topic generally should go into its relevant subforum.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55737
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

Even if that subforum is practically dead? I posted it here on purpose because most people come straight to the AG forums since nobody else writes anything in the computer subforum.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55739
Stasi

Sound Recorder

Post by Stasi »

Those who are interested in helping with computer issues do post in there and are more serious about it. In this forum as a whole, you can tell when a thread dies by how light-hearted or OT people start getting with their replies... or people just stop posting period.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55741
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

If you're going to get technical, my post should be on a Microsoft website. I don't care where it belongs, and I'm not that upto date with forum life considering I have a social life.

People would never read it if it was in the Computer Forums. Waste of time.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55745
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

Stasi wrote:
Stasi wrote: I've given up 'troubleshooting' computer problems in forums.  I need to sit at the thing, curse a bunch, and figure it out after a while.
This is the thread where I decided I wasn't going to bother making serious suggestions and seems to have been around the time people were making repeat suggestions just to bug you.
'Around the time' people were making repeat suggestions? You posted that last year you imbecile.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55749
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

Stasi wrote:
Stasi wrote: If you have a computer problem, post it in the correct subforum.  The 'Anything Goes' forum is traditionally light-hearted and most topics go OT.  More serious discussion about whatever topic generally should go into its relevant subforum.
Since we're all quoting stuff...

http://www.anythingforums.com/forums/index...747&#entry55747

That was in the 'relevant' subforum and you sure as hell didn't give any decent advice there either!

The girls on about Keyloggers, dumbass, not anything that can control her PC (rootkits for your information), telling her that her PC doesn't have spyware and has a trojan is a little useless bit of advice mate, so unless you have anything useful to say you can shut your mouth about the 'appropriate subforum' you arrogant twat!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55751
Stasi

Sound Recorder

Post by Stasi »

Anarchy wrote: 'Around the time' people were making repeat suggestions? You posted that last year you imbecile.
Perhaps I should've said 'when people started making joke posts'. I posted that a few days before Skittles and I started making joke posts.
The girls on about Keyloggers, dumbass, not anything that can control her PC (rootkits for your information), telling her that her PC doesn't have spyware and has a trojan is a little useless bit of advice mate, so unless you have anything useful to say you can shut your mouth about the 'appropriate subforum' you arrogant twat!
Re-read her post. You'll see that in the very first lines that she goes on about her 'cam came on' and the mouse pointer started moving around on its own and 'seemed possessed'. Even the title of her post includes 'Computer TakeOvers'. It is with regard to that stuff that I made my post about trojans.

Also, if you read her OP, she doesn't ask any questions, doesn't ask for any advice or suggestions.

If you're going to roar and beat your chest because you're pissed off about something, go elsewhere.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55752
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

Stasi wrote:
Anarchy wrote: 'Around the time' people were making repeat suggestions? You posted that last year you imbecile.
Perhaps I should've said 'when people started making joke posts'. I posted that a few days before Skittles and I started making joke posts.
Re-read her post. You'll see that in the very first lines that she goes on about her 'cam came on' and the mouse pointer started moving around on its own and 'seemed possessed'. Even the title of her post includes 'Computer TakeOvers'. It is with regard to that stuff that I made my post about trojans.

Also, if you read her OP, she doesn't ask any questions, doesn't ask for any advice or suggestions.

If you're going to roar and beat your chest because you're pissed off about something, go elsewhere.
It's a computer forum, she has a problem with it, she doesn't want to be told that she has a trojan (It's a rootkit, as I've already said, read about them), she wants solutions.

You make yourself sound like such a dopey twat, I'm not even going to bother replying after you do (which I know you will). Come on lad, get out the dictionary, it's time to reply to Anarchy!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55755
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

You can sit there and find little faults in posts and pretend you're part of CSI and try to prove me to be wrong but if you actually re-read your own post, you will come to realize you don't have anything on me, other than some crap about her title.

Big deal, here I'll spell a word wrong, then you can comment me about it to boost your popped ego - Stsais a idoit!

-Awaits pathetic essay-

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55756
Stasi

Sound Recorder

Post by Stasi »

Anarchy wrote: It's a computer forum, she has a problem with it, she doesn't want to be told that she has a trojan (It's a rootkit, as I've already said, read about them), she wants solutions.

You make yourself sound like such a dopey twat, I'm not even going to bother replying after you do (which I know you will). Come on lad, get out the dictionary, it's time to reply to Anarchy!
Rootkits, as well as any number of other pieces of malware can be the payload on a trojan horse. My fundamental point that anti-spyware programs are probably insufficient to resolving the problem still stands.

It's funny how personally you're taking all of this tonight. I don't get much satisfaction from debating things with people like you over the internet because such debates always end the same way - retarded flame wars full of personal attacks that resemble arguments you might hear between little kids.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55761
Anonymous

Sound Recorder

Post by Anonymous »

I see the internet-forum-post-detective role hasn't worn out yet. You still didn't offer her any solutions.

Fair enough if she has a Trojan Horse that's another thing to worry about, but giving her a link to an anti-spyware site will more than likely get rid of her keylogger.

Instead of stating the obvious and monotonously going on about the difference between rootkits and spyware , why didn't you give her links to an anti-virus site instead of pretending like you know anything? That's because you're full of sh*t.

How many viruses, malware, spyware, adware etc have you ever had during your online life? Because I've had no problems, which means I know a thing or two about internet security.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55778
Red Squirrel

Sound Recorder

Post by Red Squirrel »

This thread totally derailed and turned into a soap opera. Locked.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2967, old post ID:55983
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!