World Weird News

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.

World Weird News

Post by Karma »

The Problem Is Goats

Story 1: A traffic officer in eastern Ontario, who ticketed a speeding motorist from Switzerland in September, said the driver blamed it on the lack of goats. He told the officer that he felt liberated to drive fast because, unlike in his country, there were no goats wandering onto the highway. [BBC News-AFP, 9-7-06] [South Florida Sun-Sentinel-AP, 9-17-06]

Story 2: Authorities in the Nigerian village of Isseluku arrested a man for killing his brother in September, but the man insisted that he had only tried to move a goat from his farm but that when it wouldn't move, he hit it with an ax, at which point it turned into his brother (according to an Associated Press report). [BBC News-AFP, 9-7-06] [South Florida Sun-Sentinel-AP, 9-17-06]

News of the Weird. ^_^

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52499
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

Karma wrote: Story 2: Authorities in the Nigerian village of Isseluku arrested a man for killing his brother in September, but the man insisted that he had only tried to move a goat from his farm but that when it wouldn't move, he hit it with an ax, at which point it turned into his brother (according to an Associated Press report). [BBC News-AFP, 9-7-06] [South Florida Sun-Sentinel-AP, 9-17-06]

gee. I wonder what that was all about. :fragged:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52500

World Weird News

Post by Karma »

manadren wrote: gee. I wonder what that was all about. :fragged:
Well, I guess his brother was really furry and was crouched down for him to think he was a goat. :mellow:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52503

World Weird News

Post by Karma »

Sex with Dead Deer Not Illegal

The defence lawyer of a Wisconsin man charged with having sex with a dead deer is claiming he's innocent of any wrongdoing - because a "crimes against sexual morality" statute prohibits sex with animals, but fails to mention carcasses, The Duluth News Tribune reports.

Bryan James Hathaway, 20, of Superior, was arrested on "a misdemeanour charge of sexual gratification with an animal" after indulging in intercourse with said deceased deer on 11 October.

His attorney, public defender Fredric Anderson, last week filed a motion with a Douglas County court which argued "because the deer was dead, it was not considered an animal and the charge should be dismissed". He wrote: "The statute does not prohibit one from having sex with a carcass."

He further argued that, according to Webster's dictionary, an animal is "any of a kingdom of living beings". If you include carcasses in that definition, Anderson reasoned, "you really go down a slippery slope with absurd results".

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52532
Clueless

World Weird News

Post by Clueless »

but why would anyone want to do that in the first place

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52534
"I don't have cat-like reflexes. Cats say they have Alex-like reflexes." - Alex
"I've never seen your ears. Do you even have ears?" - Robbie
"You threw away your friendship salami?!"
"My you're sexy when I'm drunk! And when im sober too!" - Gallagher

World Weird News

Post by Karma »

Clueless wrote: but why would anyone want to do that in the first place
You know...I wonder, too... :blink:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52536
Stasi

World Weird News

Post by Stasi »

Karma wrote: Sex with Dead Deer Not Illegal

The defence lawyer of a Wisconsin man charged with having sex with a dead deer is claiming he's innocent of any wrongdoing - because a "crimes against sexual morality" statute prohibits sex with animals, but fails to mention carcasses, The Duluth News Tribune reports.

Bryan James Hathaway, 20, of Superior, was arrested on "a misdemeanour charge of sexual gratification with an animal" after indulging in intercourse with said deceased deer on 11 October.

His attorney, public defender Fredric Anderson, last week filed a motion with a Douglas County court which argued "because the deer was dead, it was not considered an animal and the charge should be dismissed". He wrote: "The statute does not prohibit one from having sex with a carcass."

He further argued that, according to Webster's dictionary, an animal is "any of a kingdom of living beings". If you include carcasses in that definition, Anderson reasoned, "you really go down a slippery slope with absurd results".
Oooh, sounds like fun! I wonder how long the thing was dead before he had his way with it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52583
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

So it's not bestiality, it's just necrophilia. That's so much better. :rolleyes:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52588
scherzo

World Weird News

Post by scherzo »

Karma wrote:

the fact he was charged leads me to believe there was a witness, I am assuming it was some sort of prank, sick initiation, or a barbaric right of passage

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52591
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

scherzo wrote:
Karma wrote:

the fact he was charged leads me to believe there was a witness, I am assuming it was some sort of prank, sick initiation, or a barbaric right of passage
Or, more likely, he just didn't pull the carcass far enough away from the road and was caught by a passing motorist.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52603
Clueless

World Weird News

Post by Clueless »

lol

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52607

World Weird News

Post by Karma »

Story 1: Creme de la Weird
In September, health officials in Macerata, Italy, rescued a 57-year-old woman identified only as Carmela, after a brother reported he wouldn't be able to keep delivering food to her. It turns out that Carmela had become fearful of influenza 26 years ago, had sealed the windows of her apartment, and had not ventured out the entire time except to collect the food her brother left at her door. She weighed about 65 pounds and had hair 7 feet long, and workers required respirators to enter the home. [Reuters, 9-10-06]

Story 2: Least Competent Criminals
Peggy Sue Hesskew, 44, was arrested in Kerrville, Texas, in November after she made a down payment to a hit man (actually, an undercover police officer) for a contract on her ex-husband. She made the contract even though the Kerrville Daily Times had reported the day before that police were on the lookout for a woman who had been asking around town for hit men. "You don't get the paper?" asked the magistrate when she was arrested. "I was out of town," she said. [American-Statesman (Austin), 11-3-06]

Thanks, and good day, everyone! See you later on WWN!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52610
Red Squirrel

World Weird News

Post by Red Squirrel »

Wow some crazy news lol

Alternative-world online games like Second Life allow players to create identities and personalities, to communicate, and to interact commercially in a self-contained universe. Players buy, sell, invest and generate wealth using a virtual monetary system. Currently, Second Life players bump up against real-world taxes only if they earn real-world money from cashing out in-game wealth, but a congressional economist told Reuters in October that the House and Senate would soon be considering whether also to levy taxes on property and currency left inside the system ("virtual capital gains"). (Second Life's in-game economy is so robust that it is growing at many times the rate of the U.S. economy.) (The story was filed by a real-life reporter embedded as Reuters' Second Life "bureau chief.") [Reuters, 10-16-06; New York Times, 10-16-06]

Too bad the UO economy is not that good. LOL

I see it coming, pretty soon we won't have dollar as a currency, it will be gold.

And the flue one is freaken funny. Proves the government exaggerates flu way too much. I rather have flu over a cold any time. Flu lasts like 24 hour, a cold lasts a couple weeks.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52647
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

The whole 'cashing out of in game wealth' and taxes on virtual property seem insane to me. The game is controlled by a company, a company that could at any time decide to delete all wealth or end the game entirely. How is that a smart thing?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:52648
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

Police In Drag Catch Red Light Runners

Thu Dec 14, 10:40 AM ET

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies gave a new meaning to the term "Dragnet" Wednesday.

West Palm Beach Police and Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies had a busy morning catching drivers running red lights at the intersection of Okeechobee Boulevard and Jog Road in West Palm Beach -- all while dressed in drag.

Police told WPBF 6-foot tall, 250 pound "Officer Delicious," real life Police Officer Terry Golden, attracted a lot of attention while dressed as a woman during the Red Light Runner campaign.

Officer Delicious stood at the intersection and radioed fellow officers down the street, who would pull over violators.

Authorities reported they pulled over and ticketed 77 drivers who ran red lights in just under 90 minutes. Each driver received a ticket for $185.50, meaning Palm Beach County pulled in $14,283.50 in all.

Police said Officer Dave Oxley also played along in the sting, dressing up as homeless-eccentric "Officer Looney."

Organizers told WPBF they hope the operation will send a strong message to motorists to think twice about running red lights.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53250
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

"Officer Delicious" - that's classic :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53251
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

Man Trying to Kill Bees Sets Home Ablaze [ link ]

CAPE CORAL, Fla. (AP) - A man who tried to keep bees off his property accidentally set fire to his house instead, causing at least $500 damage.

Franklyn Pigott Jr. set his home ablaze Wednesday while attempting to destroy a nest of bees that had formed outside the home, the Fort Myers News-Press reported Thursday.

When Pigott, 38, mixed a product called Real Kill Indoor Fogger with WD-40, it became a "flame-thrower" and melted the home's vinyl siding, according to a police incident report.

The real lesson here: Real Kill Indoor Fogger + WD-40 = flamethrower :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53934
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

Masked Man Allegedly Robs Grandfather [ link ]

HARTSELLE, Ala. (AP) - A Harstselle man who allegedly stole $300 from his grandfather's wallet has been charged with armed robbery, authorities said.

Daniel Ray Brown, 22, remained in Morgan County Jail on $10,000 bond in connection to the robbery of Walter Ray Brown, 72, about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Detective Kyle Wilson said Daniel Brown donned a ski mask and jacket, armed himself with a handle from a hydraulic floor jack and made the 10-foot hike to his grandfather's home next door.

"There's a woman that lives there with his grandpa," Wilson said. "He said, 'Sit down, Bernice.' Then he goes to his grandpa's room and he says, 'This is a robbery, I need your money, and I mean it, Pa-Paw.'"

Wilson said Walter Brown was lying in bed, so his grandson grabbed his pants off a chair and took his wallet.

"He got out to the kitchen, which is in the next room, and his Pa-Paw tackled him. There was a scuffle, and he hit his Pa-Paw in the head with the handle," Wilson said.

While Walter Brown picked up the phone to call 911, Daniel Brown went back to his own home, leaving a trail - the pants, billfold, $5 and the handle - between the two houses, officials said.

Daniel Brown denied he was the man behind the mask. The cash reported stolen had not been recovered Wednesday.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53935
Clueless

World Weird News

Post by Clueless »

what an idiot

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53936
Stasi

World Weird News

Post by Stasi »

Clueless wrote: what an idiot
Would you say he's 'clueless'?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53961
Clueless

World Weird News

Post by Clueless »

haha shush

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:53975
Bookworm

World Weird News

Post by Bookworm »

Man's body found in front of TV year after death

HAMPTON BAYS, N.Y. - The partially mummified body of a man dead for more than a year has been found in a chair in front of his television, which was still on, authorities said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17202448/?GT1=9033

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:56959
michaelk1993adg

World Weird News

Post by michaelk1993adg »

desperate times we live in.

wonder whether the deer was dead before or after.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:56975
http://web.wilson.k12.pa.us/buildings/so/s...mp3%20page.html this is a song my strings class plays. Bet You're jealous. Nerds.
manadren

World Weird News

Post by manadren »

Bookworm wrote: Man's body found in front of TV year after death

HAMPTON BAYS, N.Y. - The partially mummified body of a man dead for more than a year has been found in a chair in front of his television, which was still on, authorities said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17202448/?GT1=9033
I was just about to post that. It's really sad when can die and it takes a year for anyone to notice. Which also begs the question, who was paying the bills?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:57003
Reaper

World Weird News

Post by Reaper »

Uh, his ghost? Come on man, think.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2947, old post ID:57012
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.