Shooting guns...

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.
Stasi

Shooting guns...

Post by Stasi »

I went shooting today with my bro and a couple of his friends. I hadn't been shooting in years and I'd forgotten how fun it is. Here's what we were shooting:

Romanian AK-47 (SAR-1)
Chinese SKS
K98 (8mm Mauser) - WWII German rifle with serious friggin' power!

My bro brought a doll of Tinky Winky, the Teletubby, and, among other things like bottles, we used him down range. And now I've got a nice bruise forming on my right shoulder. Doesn't hurt to bad now, just a mild ache that I'm sure will be a real nuisance later on.

Anyone else into shooting guns, particularly assault rifles/vintage weapons? Guns can be fun! I plan to buy one for myself sometime.... maybe an RPK-74, FN FAL, or... oooh, I can't settle on just one!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38410
Wolfire

Shooting guns...

Post by Wolfire »

I, being a girl and all, am not a fan of guns. I am a fan of paintball guns though. They're fun.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38411
Red Squirrel

Shooting guns...

Post by Red Squirrel »

I never tried shooting a gun, not even like a shot gun or anything. ;lol: I'd have to try it, sounds fun. I would not be into killing anyone/animals with it but it's fun to just shoot stuff. ESPECIALLY teletubies. :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38412
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Chris Vogel

Shooting guns...

Post by Chris Vogel »

Wolfire wrote: being a girl and all
Off with your head!

No, I’m not a fan of guns either. They make me extremely uncomfortable. I’m glad you had fun though, Stasi. :)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38420
Cicero

Shooting guns...

Post by Cicero »

Stasi wrote: K98 (8mm Mauser) - WWII German rifle with serious friggin' power!

*drool* What I'd give for a go of one of those.

I want to fire/own that and the Garand. I could die happy if I did. Also wouldnt mind something like a full auto Glock 18.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38421
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill
Red Squirrel

Shooting guns...

Post by Red Squirrel »

LOL I'd be lucky to even be able to find guns like that around here. Well there's people who collect them but they have to be trigger locked or the barrel blocked.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38424
OLKMED

Shooting guns...

Post by OLKMED »

w00t! my chemistry teacher is a gun fanatic, he collects rifles from WWII and they even had him shoot some to get the authentic sounds for Saving Private Ryan (amazing movie).

yeah i've shot a gun, i've shot shotguns and muzzle loaders wasn't much for it, the scope on the muzzle loader hit me in the forehead and i had a lump on my face for weeks. I was like 13 it sucked.

but yeah i've done some deer and turkey hunting....i think pheasant hunting would be fun if i had a dog and knew how to use it. we could never train my dog, despite her amazing bloodline.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38431
The Gheyness

Shooting guns...

Post by The Gheyness »

I have a four week deadline for buying a Glock 20C with a tactical light.

It'll go nicely with my sword and switchblade collection. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38434
I'm not adopted and I'm not an Indian.
It's just a coincidence that I have
a love of gambling and booze
and a knack for catching syphilis.
Joe

Shooting guns...

Post by Joe »

This reminds me of wedding crashers.....

Jeremy Grey: Have you ever shot one of these things before?
John Beckwith: The whole 17 years we've known each other I've been sneaking off to go on little hunting trips around the world. No, I don't even know what the fudge a quail is!
Jeremy Grey: I look totally ridiculous. Like why do I have to be in camouflage? So the big bad quail doesn't see me?
John Beckwith: I know. Why can't we hunt something cool like a hawk or an eagle, something with some talons?
Jeremy Grey: That'd be awesome. We could get something like big game. Even like a gorilla or a rhinoceros or a flicking human being! That'll get you jacked up.
John Beckwith: That's a little heavy.
Jeremy Grey: I mean like, hunt a human being right now, "Most Dangerous Game". Like a worthy adversary. Not a human being that's armed, but a clever, a clever, human being who knows the jungle. Or the woods.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:38435
Anonymous

Shooting guns...

Post by Anonymous »

I have a 1916 8mm mauser. Made in Amberg. I am trying to identify what model it is. Can anybody help?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53254
Stasi

Shooting guns...

Post by Stasi »

Haben Sie ein photo? A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say. The G98 and K98a Mausers were in production in the early 20th century, so it could be either, especially considering it was was produced during WWI in Germany.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53261
ycontrol

Shooting guns...

Post by ycontrol »

Stasi wrote: I went shooting today with my bro and a couple of his friends.  I hadn't been shooting in years and I'd forgotten how fun it is.  Here's what we were shooting:

Romanian AK-47 (SAR-1)
Chinese SKS
K98 (8mm Mauser) - WWII German rifle with serious friggin' power!

My bro brought a doll of Tinky Winky, the Teletubby, and, among other things like bottles, we used him down range.  And now I've got a nice bruise forming on my right shoulder.  Doesn't hurt to bad now, just a mild ache that I'm sure will be a real nuisance later on.

Anyone else into shooting guns, particularly assault rifles/vintage weapons?  Guns can be fun!  I plan to buy one for myself sometime.... maybe an RPK-74, FN FAL, or... oooh, I can't settle on just one!

I'm not really up on my gun laws but I don't think we can really get guns like that here where I am....and I don't think we are allowed.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53262
"Never be game over"
Stasi

Shooting guns...

Post by Stasi »

Yeah, the State of Idaho has pretty open gun laws, and has for a long time. In fact, let's say I had a bit more disposable income at this point and wanted to buy a silencer and a fully-automatic military assault weapon, as long as I register with the BATF, local Sheriff's office, and pass the FBI background check, I could. And yet the majority of what little gun crime we have around here is from the gangs and others that come here from California and Latin America. I guess at least they may think twice before breaking into someone's home here since there's a good chance there's at least one firearm in the residence, and should anyone break into my home while I'm there, I would certainly use mine if I felt I had to.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53263
ycontrol

Shooting guns...

Post by ycontrol »

Oh my, you and I live in two different worlds it seems. Not that I'm saying yours is bad and mine good, just much different regarding guns. Although around here where I am in the odd household you may find hunting rifles, not many anymore though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53266
"Never be game over"
Red Squirrel

Shooting guns...

Post by Red Squirrel »

Think we have a couple hunting riffles from like the 1950's in the basement. chances are they don't work. :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53304
ycontrol

Shooting guns...

Post by ycontrol »

Yeah, or that they don't make bullets for them anymore.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53306
"Never be game over"
Stasi

Shooting guns...

Post by Stasi »

You'd be surprised. We can find ammunition for the old Mauser my brother's friend has on the internet. There are enough of those rifles out there that there is still a market for it... granted it's pretty expensive, but it's out there. Fortunately, for both of my rifles, the ammunition is quite plentiful and has a good amount of stopping power in case the need for self-defensive use arises. Good ol' 123 grain 7.62x39mm. I can buy 500rds of the stuff for about $70.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53310
ycontrol

Shooting guns...

Post by ycontrol »

You own rifles? No hand guns?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53316
"Never be game over"
Stasi

Shooting guns...

Post by Stasi »

I own an AK-47 and an AMD-65. I don't have any plans to buy a handcannon in the near future, but I think the next rifle I might get will be a Galil. However, the AK-100 series looks attractive to me, too.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53353
ycontrol

Shooting guns...

Post by ycontrol »

For starters....that is terrifying that you can own those and have them in your house and nonchalantly set them up against the wall to take pictures to show friends online. My ex-girlfriend couldn't sleep at night knowing where the scissors were in the room. I had to hide them first.
Also, that's awesome....pics!....I was hoping you'd post pics. And....the third pic didn't work...*tear*.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53363
"Never be game over"
Stasi

Shooting guns...

Post by Stasi »

What's terrifying about it?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2363, old post ID:53368