World Of Warcraft

Post by scherzo »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7997646050642417046

:P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:51635
Vixen

World Of Warcraft

Post by Vixen »

crumbelieveable wrote: READ:  World of Warcraft is a dangerous narcotic that will destroy your social life, and your girlfriend, if you have one.  Excessive use can and will result in loss of sleep, loss of appetite, and loss of being able to care about anything that goes on outside of Azeroth.

...just buy an account for everyone in the household; your s/o and your kids...and computers for all to go around...and then have LAN parties every day....

....thats what we did. And lost about a year of social activities. LOL.

...we're taking a 'break' from WoW for a bit- forcing ourselves to see the outside world here and there....before we head back to level our characters some more. :wub:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:51669
Gena -lost in Pasadena.
robonightmare

World Of Warcraft

Post by robonightmare »

Image :nana: :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:60532
This message has been brought to you by the American Stupid Signature Association of America (ASSAA)
ycontrol

World Of Warcraft

Post by ycontrol »

What if I spent all of my life up until now being social and doing healthy outdoor family and friends activities....can I now get some wow time in without being criticized? Wow is great in moderation to someone that has some common sense. People that get all crazy about it are doomed either way in regards to something. Anyone I know that I would consider to have a wow problem just have problems in general. They smoke...they don't work....they don't socialize well (before wow)...etc. As for me, I go to work, I go out with friends, I see girls...the real change for me is that I never ever watch tv anymore. I play wow instead. I'm quite content with that trade. I bet the whole time I play wow the rest of north america (and whoever) that isn't playing...is watching tv.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62339
"Never be game over"
Stasi

World Of Warcraft

Post by Stasi »

I quit WoW last week. Main thing is that I realized how much I hate my job and general position in life and am now spending more time on the hobbies I someday hope to make a living from. Some people can play in moderation, I had trouble with that. Most of the people I'd game with spend most of their free time playing. If you can play in moderation and not neglect more meaningful priorities, cool. If not, quit now.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62341
ycontrol

World Of Warcraft

Post by ycontrol »

I can't quit. I don't even have a 70 yet.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62365
"Never be game over"
Reaper

World Of Warcraft

Post by Reaper »

Aside from having to PAY for WoW, I don't think I'd ever play it. I played NWN 1 online, loved it until my main server I went to got to dramatic, so I quite for a bit (6 months). Then I came back and found a really good one that oddly went by almost the same name. Went on vacation over Thanksgiving a few years ago and haven't played NWN 1 since. NWN 2 I just started playing, although compared to the setup of NWN1 multiplayer it does not stack up at all.
I guess I fear the same would happen to me in WoW.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62366
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Stasi

World Of Warcraft

Post by Stasi »

I got a toon up to lvl 50 when I quit. I dunno, it was a combination of just losing interest and realizing that I needed to be spending my time doing something else.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62369
Reaper

World Of Warcraft

Post by Reaper »

So I just found out the NWN2 server I have been going to since 5 days ago is switching to the expansion tomorrow. . . .the expansion I DON'T have. And it's $50 that I don't really want to spend.
I guess I'll just give up on RPG's for now.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62374
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Red Squirrel

World Of Warcraft

Post by Red Squirrel »

Play UO, is free.

Well, you CAN play for free. :P The game client and patching service is free, then you just play on a free server, such as Age of Valor. (my server :P)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62375
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Reaper

World Of Warcraft

Post by Reaper »

Red Squirrel wrote: Play UO, is free.

Well, you CAN play for free. :P  The game client and patching service is free, then you just play on a free server, such as Age of Valor. (my server :P)
I might try that out soon. I'll maybe download it tomorrow.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62381
Reaper

World Of Warcraft

Post by Reaper »

Uh, could you provide me with a link to download it? You seem to have deleted that sticky. . .

And is your server OU or OUML?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:62382
Chyse

World Of Warcraft

Post by Chyse »

I would just like to point out that WoW only costs $15 a month, and even less if you buy it by the year

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:63986
"Your neighbor was kind enough to let us rip him off and burn his furniture for no reason."-ATHF
"He said no, Err. With his foot." -ATHF
"Please, stop fueling my silent rage." -ATHF
Lamez

World Of Warcraft

Post by Lamez »

I play WoW, I just got done playing for a little bit.

I do not play all the time, but it is a fun game to play!

MMORPGs FTW :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:63987

Red Squirrel

World Of Warcraft

Post by Red Squirrel »

Reaper wrote: Uh, could you provide me with a link to download it? You seem to have deleted that sticky. . .

And is your server OU or OUML?
Mine is UOML, with some custom stuff. ML (Mondains legacy) is the latest expansion pack. My server keeps up with the live ones, half decently, compared to other free servers.

Dowload info here:

http://www.uovalor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=441

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:63991
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Hermy11

World Of Warcraft

Post by Hermy11 »

You can just play on private servers, which is what I do because I'd rather spend $20 a month on weed instead of WoW.

It's hard to find a good private server, but when you do, it's really nice. Retail WoW takes a bit too much dedication, the leveling is a tad slow. Try it if you like though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:64199
ycontrol

World Of Warcraft

Post by ycontrol »

It's been some months since I quit playing wow. About 3 I guess. I am glad I finally quit. It didn't happen at all the way I thought it would. I thought that I would have to end up forcing myself to quit...since I had played 3 years straight nearly every single day (sometimes several hours a day). In fact it was the game in itself that eventually turned me off.
I was very excited for the WOTLK expansion...waited in line at a midnight sale...got it, took it home...played all that night into the next day...and that was the start of the decline. Over the next week I played a bit here and there...but every time I did I found myself more and more disappointed in the new class, the new lvl cap...it was the same old stuff. They just seemed to be selling me everything I didn't really want. I didn't want a new class, or a new lvl cap so everyone could race to 80 to get all the best gear. I wanted the old wow back...the 60 cap...ya know...when everyone was 40 and hardly anyone was 60. When guilds had scouts to wait for dragon pops that would start world pvp between rival faction guilds. When you very rarely saw an epic lock mount.

But that's probably just me. I do love the game, but the romance for me is gone. All I have now is the nostalgia of lvling my first char...being lvl 20 and trying to run through Felwood on my way to Moonglade...and wondering if that ?? bear and wolf was an npc or a player...being a warrior and wearing all leather gear cuz I thought it looked cool. Ahh those were the days.

Or maybe I quit playing because someone hacked my account and stole my 70 Rogue, 70 lock, 68 warrior, 55 priest, 55 mage, 48 hunter, 48 shammy, 48 druid, 30 pally and when I reported it Blizzard permanently disabled the account because it had been compromised.

That is all true but the later happened after I had quit for a few months and I didn't discover it until I had gone back to play...so it pretty much ruined me for future playing. I don't think I have the time or energy to start over.
:(

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:68177
"Never be game over"
Stasi

World Of Warcraft

Post by Stasi »

I play, off and on. I think that once my transfer goes through and I get on a day shift, I'll have more energy and spend it doing things other than playing computer games. But for right now, being chronically sleep-deprived, sometimes the easiest way to stay awake is through the interactivity of computer games, which is what I spend far more time on than I'd like.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:68211
Shinizo

World Of Warcraft

Post by Shinizo »

I quit playing World of Warcraft when I realized it needed friends to play to have any real fun. Everything else seemed solo-able until you wanted to do the end-game stuff.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2341, old post ID:68366
I have no GREAT FRIENDS or MEMORIES