Cell phones..Bah

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.

Cell phones..Bah

Post by 000 »

Flexible Chips Will Let Phones Do It All

If you ask me, it's a step backward. If you have a cell phone, you have no privacy. Not even on the crapper. And don't tell me "just turn it off". Know body does, and if you do, people get mad at you for turning it off. I got rid of mine last year. It rang all the time. I still don't regret getting rid of it. The amount of people using them in their car is astronomical. They're all over the road. I ride a motorcycle just about every day. Let me tell you, there's nothing more scarier than being stopped at a stop light and seeing a SUV with a bunch of pre-school kids in it with a distracted mom at the wheel on a cell phone rolling up behind you. Even if she bumps me, bad news. Seems that actually driving the car has become a secondary when you're in the drivers seat.
:mellow:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36907
Shinizo

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Shinizo »

Hmm. Well, if you're a good driver, it does give a 'whole new meaning' to multi-tasking, plus it could build hand-eye coordination.. especially when she accidently runs over you for riding the motorcycle and not talking on the cell phone!

I dare you to go to Nextel and get one of them walkie-talkies. Those are da bomb!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36909
I have no GREAT FRIENDS or MEMORIES
Red Squirrel

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Red Squirrel »

I think lot of people just get them to look cool. I'm all for technology but I have no use for a cell phone so never even wanted one. If I'm not available to talk on my home line, it means I'm not available, period. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36910
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Jack Potato

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Jack Potato »

0 wrote: Flexible Chips Will Let Phones Do It All

If you ask me, it's a step backward. If you have a cell phone, you have no privacy. Not even on the crapper. And don't tell me "just turn it off". Know body does, and if you do, people get mad at you for turning it off. I got rid of mine last year. It rang all the time. I still don't regret getting rid of it. The amount of people using them in their car is astronomical. They're all over the road. I ride a motorcycle just about every day. Let me tell you, there's nothing more scarier than being stopped at a stop light and seeing a SUV with a bunch of pre-school kids in it with a distracted mom at the wheel on a cell phone rolling up behind you. Even if she bumps me, bad news. Seems that actually driving the car has become a secondary when you're in the drivers seat.
:mellow:
absolutely right. kids as young as 6 are getting phones :wacko: and being sucked into the cell phone world. bet half of them dont even know all the numbers. this one show on discovery channel called Myth-Busters (they go around seeing if myths are true or not...neat show) they did this one test to see how well people drive w/ cell phones and no cell phones. first the two test subjects (male and female, so it's not just guys or just girls) did an obstacle course w/ their vehicle w/out phones and they both passed. then they did it with phones. they had to maintain a proper conversation while driving the obstacle course. they failed.NOW JUST HANG UP AND DRIVE PEOPLE! :angry: <_< -_- :mellow: :) ^_^ :P :lol: :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36913
Shinizo

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Shinizo »

I'm getting a cell phone, eventually. But, just to call my GF in the wee hours of the morning.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36916
Reaper

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Reaper »

I would like to have a cell phone just for when their is an emergency. I've already had that happen, but it wasn't my phone.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36920
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Shinizo

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Shinizo »

I'd like to have a mini-cell phone for my cell phone. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36921
Cicero

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Cicero »

I have a kick ass phone with the video camera and stuff. I find it very handy, say if I missed the bus home from somewhere I can ring and get a lift. But mainly I just use it too text my friends. And if I'm somewhere where I need privacy I either leave it away from me or turn it off. Simple.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36924
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill
Stasi

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Stasi »

I haven't got a cellphone and have no plans to get one anytime soon. The only utility one would serve in my life right now is a potential lifeline to the cops or EMTs or whoever else might be involved in protecting my own, or someone else's life and limb. I hate phones enough, even just having a landline.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:36944
The Gheyness

Cell phones..Bah

Post by The Gheyness »

I have to like and use cellphones, for my job.

I usually carry two at any given time.

They come in handy a lot for anyone in the field of IT or managerial positions, because if it wasn't for Blackberry-type phones, you'd be carrying around a laptop.

And I'd much rather carry around a cellphone than a laptop. :domel:

It's so much more convenient, too. If you're going out somewhere, you can call ahead. If your car breaks down or any emergency, you have a means to call. If you're lost and need directions, call a friend and have them Mapquest (if you have an internet enabled phone, you can even do this yourself). You can call someone up and have them meet you somewhere if you're out and suddenly get the urge to do something.

Cellphones actually allow you to have a lot more spontaneity, if you ask me. You can be wherever you want and yet still get things done.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37002
I'm not adopted and I'm not an Indian.
It's just a coincidence that I have
a love of gambling and booze
and a knack for catching syphilis.
Jack Potato

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Jack Potato »

The Gheyness wrote: I have to like and use cellphones, for my job.

I usually carry two at any given time.

They come in handy a lot for anyone in the field of IT or managerial positions, because if it wasn't for Blackberry-type phones, you'd be carrying around a laptop.

And I'd much rather carry around a cellphone than a laptop.  :domel:

It's so much more convenient, too.  If you're going out somewhere, you can call ahead.  If your car breaks down or any emergency, you have a means to call.  If you're lost and need directions, call a friend and have them Mapquest (if you have an internet enabled phone, you can even do this yourself).  You can call someone up and have them meet you somewhere if you're out and suddenly get the urge to do something.

Cellphones actually allow you to have a lot more spontaneity, if you ask me.  You can be wherever you want and yet still get things done.
in your situation, a cell is ok. i just hate it when people dont need one an dhave one. like my brother. he had one, used only 20 min on it, lost it, found it, played games on it for a month, and lost it again and never used it again. :wacko:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37003
Red Squirrel

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Red Squirrel »

I bet he's still doing payments too. LOL

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37004
Jack Potato

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Jack Potato »

Red Squirrel wrote: I bet he's still doing payments too. LOL
nah. it's one of those "pay as you go" things. i wish he was still paying 4 it though... wasting his cash on things other than clothes. :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37011
Bookworm

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Bookworm »

I just got my first cell phone last week. I won't be spending much time on it, though, because I don't know what all the buttons are for.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37046

Cell phones..Bah

Post by 000 »

That's cool, Since everyone else will be talking on their phone when driving, I'll just do a crossword puzzle while I'm driving my SUV.
It should be illegal for the driver of a car/truck/whatever to use a cell phone while the vehicle is moving. And screw those no hands devices. You're still on the phone.
These device were meant or at least marketed to let you get your job done faster so you could have more leisure time. Not the case. Now everyone is working all the time and can be reached at a moments notice anywhere. Kiss all that spare time goodbye.
Hey, send me a flicking letter. ;)

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37097
wasting_time27

Cell phones..Bah

Post by wasting_time27 »

im getting a cell phone soon. probably this week or next week. i cant wait! yay!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37107
[FONT=Arial]THIS IS MY SIGNATURE
Red Squirrel

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Red Squirrel »

How do you send a letter again? Email? oh ok, I figured that's what you meant. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37121
Stasi

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Stasi »

0 wrote: That's cool, Since everyone else will be talking on their phone when driving, I'll just do a crossword puzzle while I'm driving my SUV.
It should be illegal for the driver of a car/truck/whatever to use a cell phone while the vehicle is moving. And screw those no hands devices. You're still on the phone.
These device were meant or at least marketed to let you get your job done faster so you could have more leisure time. Not the case. Now everyone is working all the time and can be reached at a moments notice anywhere. Kiss all that spare time goodbye.
Hey, send me a flicking letter.  ;)
Sometimes when I go to the park, I see people riding bicycles as pretty good speeds talking on their damn cellphones.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37129
OLKMED

Cell phones..Bah

Post by OLKMED »

hahah, riding bicycles with cell phones, that's crazy. that makes sense like playing guitar on the toilet.

i have a cell phone i don't use much. it's really nice for when you have friends who don't think through plans very much or give poor directions.

and somebody can't drive while talking on a cell phone? i believe it definitely hinders your ability, but i can get around and i definitely slow down. I usually am not on my phone though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37207
Shinizo

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Shinizo »

I'm getting a cell phone 'soon'. Yeah, it's been 'soon' for two years now. I'm going to Nextel and getting me a stupid walkietalkie!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37213
Jack Potato

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Jack Potato »

i'd like to put a stick in the spokes of the people who ride bikes while talking on the phone. :haha:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37259
Wolfire

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Wolfire »

I have a cell phone!!! Finally. *mumble mumble*

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37318
Shinizo

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Shinizo »

George Bush talks on his cell phone while riding his bike.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37418
Jack Potato

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Jack Potato »

beep boop.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37514
Mr Smith

Cell phones..Bah

Post by Mr Smith »

Jack Potato wrote: i'd like to  put a stick in the spokes of the people who ride bikes while talking on the phone. :haha:
Same here.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:2323, old post ID:37595