Red

This is a catch all off topic forum to talk about anything not covered by other sections.

Red

Post by 000 »

I might be going on a bike trip to the Canadian side of Niagara in August. Is there a helmet law in Canada? Just curious.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29220
Red Squirrel

Red

Post by Red Squirrel »

It's advised to wear one but I dont' think it's an actual law, so if you don't have one, you won't get pulled over or anything. I stopped wearing a helmet a long time ago and never had a problem.

It's the law to have one when you're a kid though, I just forget the exact age, I think it's 13 and lower, then you have to.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29231
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!

Red

Post by 000 »

Red Squirrel wrote: It's advised to wear one but I dont' think it's an actual law, so if you don't have one, you won't get pulled over or anything.  I stopped wearing a helmet a long time ago and never had a problem. 

It's the law to have one when you're a kid though, I just forget the exact age, I think it's 13 and lower, then you have to.
Thanks for the reply Red but I'm talking about motorsickles, not bicycles. Veroom...Veroommmm! It's about a 7hr ride from here. I do wear a helmet but I was just curious.

And yes, I know it's not spelled motorsickles. :blink:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29236
Chris Vogel

Red

Post by Chris Vogel »

Je ne suis pas canadien, but I hope I can help you! :) After a Google search for “motorcycle laws in Canada”, I found pages that said it is illegal to ride without a helmet at any age. (“State Motorcycle Riding Laws” is one page I found. Scroll to the bottom of the state list. Yes, Canada is a U.S. state.)

EDIT: Changed verb tense

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29245

Red

Post by 000 »

Tak wrote:   Yes, Canada is a U.S. state.)

I Knew it! :lol:

Thanks for the reply Tak.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29246

Red

Post by 000 »

Oh my god!!!! Lane splitting is legal??
In California and Washington Only, lane splitting is legal. Motorcycles may drive between cars, but not on shoulders.
Now me as a motorcyclist, if that's a word, would not feel comfortable riding the yellow line between 2 cars. (I'm assuming it's a multi-lane highway/one way traffic)
My question to everyone else that does not drive/ride a motorcycle is.....
How comfortable would you be with a motorcycle splitting your lane with a car next to you. Riding the line between you and another car. That's crazy. :wacko:
I think it's just stupid.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29247
Red Squirrel

Red

Post by Red Squirrel »

Oh yes motorcycles, yes it's illegal to go without a helmet as far as I know. Not sure what other laws there are though.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29276

Red

Post by 000 »

So, if you're in Canada and you get stopped on your motorcycle without a helmet and the cop asks you where you're going, you could say. "I'm headed off to visit a prostitute and pay for sex". He'll write you a ticket for not wearing a helmet and then tell you to have fun at the whores house? B)

Dig it. :dance:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29281
Red Squirrel

Red

Post by Red Squirrel »

lol sad but true. :D But I guess it depends on the cop and area. I'm not sure if prostitution is illegal everywhere here. Not something I ever looked into, though I should, since it's a growing industry.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29287
Red Squirrel

Red

Post by Red Squirrel »

LOL the ads are about motorcycles and squirrels. Suprised there's no roadkill related ones.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29288
monss

Red

Post by monss »

hey we would clean the roadkill up if there were any us canadians do that . I think your right about that law but i'm not sure oh well have fun biking in Canada! :dance:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29295
Red Squirrel

Red

Post by Red Squirrel »

They should make it the law, if you cause roadkill, you have to stop the vehicle, pick it up, bring it home, and eat it. :D Otherwise it's accidental poaching punishable by law. :P

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1974, old post ID:29316