Do you like the USA?

Controversial topics such as politics, religion, news that turns controversial etc
Cicero

Do you like the USA?

Post by Cicero »

I like America I have no reasons not to like it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13309
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill
Joe

Do you like the USA?

Post by Joe »

I don't blame people for thinking American is a horrible place, thats the way the news makes it look. Obviously there is not a perfect country in the world, but i would never want to leave here. And the people who say American is bad just have not seen the heart and soul of this great nation.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13314
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

Joe wrote: And the people who say American is bad just have not seen the heart and soul of this great nation.

Yep, Americans take themselves far too seriously.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13315
Joe

Do you like the USA?

Post by Joe »

Will how many times have you been to the US?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13323
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

Joe wrote: Will how many times have you been to the US?
5 times. I stayed a month each time.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13329
Cicero

Do you like the USA?

Post by Cicero »

Why did you keep going back if you hate the place?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13338
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sir Winston Churchill
sweetness

Do you like the USA?

Post by sweetness »

i have never been to america, anyone care to invite me? :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13339
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

sweetness wrote: i have never been to america, anyone care to invite me? :D
I think I have a place for you to stay... <_> :didi:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13347
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

William Wallace wrote:
Yeah, I remember the last time, you came back thinking it was American to be rude because you went to New York and submerged yourself in that one identity :rolleyes: You have no idea what America stands for, only what you think it does. You show it everyday. The true America, the one that Bush doesn't seem to understand, lets people have the freedom to choose what they want to do in life, as long as it doesn't interfer with others' rights.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13348
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

My turn, America.

I do not like America right now. It's like a relationship in it's down point, I don't like the direction (of the last 100 years) and attitude, and it almost makes me want a divorce. And most of it is so easily fixable if the people would take it upon themselves to better and educate themselves. But even with all that, there is more good and opportunity here than in most places, and that gives hope. The constitution works so well that, even when things are going in the wrong direction, the system still stands and works. Overall, yes, I love the USA, but not so much currently.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13349
sintekk

Do you like the USA?

Post by sintekk »

Ack! The Axis of Non-Hockey-Related-Votes has 9 votes whilest the Allies of Canadian Hockey only have 3? <_<

Darn tororists! :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13354
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

MrSelf wrote:
William Wallace wrote:
Yeah, I remember the last time, you came back thinking it was American to be rude because you went to New York and submerged yourself in that one identity :rolleyes: You have no idea what America stands for, only what you think it does. You show it everyday. The true America, the one that Bush doesn't seem to understand, lets people have the freedom to choose what they want to do in life, as long as it doesn't interfer with others' rights.
Right then, you're contradicting yourself even now, by saying that I am wrong and you are right.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13373
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Actually I'm sure the news does make it seem worse then it is. News is made for that, to tell news about bad things that happen. That's why you never see weddings on news, or big charity funds, or people getting a new baby. (and it would be packed with only that lol)

News is for reporting tragedy only, so by basing on news only America looks like a horrible place to even visit. :D Especically based on CNN. You see the reporter with people getting shot and bombed in the background. LOL

I don't really hate America or americans, but I do find allot of americans are missinformed about Canada and I just find that funny. I would love to visit America though, just to see how it's really like. I would not want to move from Canada or anything though, I love it here.

Pop quiz: how many states does Canada have? :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13379
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
sintekk

Do you like the USA?

Post by sintekk »

Trick question: they don't have states, they have seperated Igloo Parks :lol:

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13383
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Close but no iceblock... I mean cigar :D

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13388
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

William Wallace wrote:
MrSelf wrote:
William Wallace wrote:

Right then, you're contradicting yourself even now, by saying that I am wrong and you are right.
How so smart guy? You show very well your ignorance in many matters through your dialogue. If you didn't make statement that you know very little about, things might be different.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13396
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

MrSelf wrote: How so smart guy? You show very well your ignorance in many matters through your dialogue. If you didn't make statement that you know very little about, things might be different.
And at last, you reveal your arrogance in assuming that I am ignorant.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13397
Angel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Angel »

Now me,Maybe America is in the :censored: hole right now but thats not because of American Citizens its because of that :censored: Bush...... Canada ain't no gold crown country either so all you canadian's you know where you can go?

Sorry for my bitchyness but I had a bad day and I'm sick of people bitchin' about America to American's,its not OUR fault!

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13404
Guys are like roses...........watch out for the pricks!!
Knox121

Do you like the USA?

Post by Knox121 »

sintekk wrote: Canada is better at hockey :lol:
This should probably go in the debate section, I can see Will making someone mad in here :P
ooOoo i kno who u are! lol

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13405
If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
Angel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Angel »

so there

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13406
Guys are like roses...........watch out for the pricks!!
Red Squirrel

Do you like the USA?

Post by Red Squirrel »

Well Canada is a perfect country, in exeption of a few health care related problems, lack of good economy, and yeah, that's about it. :D

Seriously, no country can be perfect.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13407
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

William Wallace wrote:
MrSelf wrote: How so smart guy? You show very well your ignorance in many matters through your dialogue. If you didn't make statement that you know very little about, things might be different.
:rolleyes: Are you just going to jump around making vague statements? You have proven in the past numerous times to be ignorant in many issues, do I need to pull out the definition?

The first stage of knowledge is knowing what you don't know. I'll leave you with that thought.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13408
Anonymous

Do you like the USA?

Post by Anonymous »

MrSelf wrote:
William Wallace wrote:
:rolleyes: Are you just going to jump around making vague statements? You have proven in the past numerous times to be ignorant in many issues, do I need to pull out the definition?

The first stage of knowledge is knowing what you don't know. I'll leave you with that thought.
I know from personal experience, Mrself.

Now then! Since you refuse to even admit I may be slightly right, I shall acquiesce this topic to you. I still hate america, You're still arrogant, and we'll leave it at that.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13423
MrSelf

Do you like the USA?

Post by MrSelf »

I was going to bother with a response, but you're so wrapped up in your own little world, there's no hope of understanding because you don't want to understand, you like hating a broad group of people rather than giving credit where credit is due and dealing with individuals. So be it.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13426
erolyn

Do you like the USA?

Post by erolyn »

MrSelf wrote: Yeah, I remember the last time, you came back thinking it was American to be rude because you went to New York and submerged yourself in that one identity  :rolleyes:  You have no idea what America stands for, only what you think it does. You show it everyday. The true America, the one that Bush doesn't seem to understand, lets people have the freedom to choose what they want to do in life, as long as it doesn't interfer with others' rights.
It's true, Americans are allowed to live the way we want to. Except for gays, they're not allowed to get married if they want to. But, hey, freedom has always been conditional anyway, right? And it's not like homosexuals are people and deserve the same rights as eveyone else. No, treating all people equally would be un-American, considering that since the Consitution was written we've considered blacks, women and other minorities as the exception to "all men are created equal". What Jefferson MEANT was, "all white, upper-class, heterosexual males are created equal".

That probably came off meaner than I meant it to. Generally I like America and the principles it's founded on, but American politics tend to anger me. And issues like this, that shouldn't even be issues in the first place.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:1081, old post ID:13446